Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected?
Quote | Reply
In training, that is. In the late 90's, both of them admittedly were the best of friends and fed off of each other while in training, producing Hawaii wins for both of them in the vicinity of that time period. Perhaps subsequently the pressure of being top contenders to the throne placed an akward bent on their friendship.

Wondering what you all thought if they both reconnected once more.

--
Interview with Gordo Byrn
Interview with Peter Reid
Interview with Tim & Nicole Deboom
Interview with Clas Bjorling
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected? [cervelodude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More importantly,

What do you think their favorite colors are?
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected? [cervelodude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its gotta be pretty hard on a friendship when you are competing for the other person's lunch :-)
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definately, paul. ever the optimist, i think if both of them began training together once more, only positive results would come about.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe they would end up hating each other, maybe they would demolish themselves, maybe they would hav good performances. who really cares?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Who really cares?'

DesertDude...you could write that in 90percent of the threads on this site, but as long as the thread exists, someone cares.

I'm with you cervelodude. From what I understand, DeBoom does all his training alone? I'm like that too, but at some point I imagine i'll need some training partners so I don't burn out, and am able to feed off others. Something like that may be good for DeBoom, if he is mentally struggling right now. Either that, or maybe racing more (just a little more). Same with Pedro (though his 'writing partner' may throw a fit of jealousy).

But if they did reconnect...they should sell tickets to watch them train...I would buy a couple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The night before the Vineman this year (where they did the "Mano a Mano" event), there was a great presentation by Dave of VM along with Steve Larsen. They put together this really funny bit of Peter and Tim as opponents in a boxing match. The room got dark, announcer in his best "rumble in the jungle" voice announced each one (Peter "the comeback kid" Reid vs Tim "Boom-Boom" DeBoom) and they had boxing robes on. After the intro they sat down with Dave for interview and talked for a while with him and the audience.

The point is they still seemed pretty friendly and joked around with each other. Obviously they are fierce competitors but have great respect for each other.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Eganski,

From my understanding as well, Deboom trains by himself. I'd like to think if they both trained with each other, as Deboom mentioned of his training season with Peter-it took them to another level.

--
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone complains the pros do not make enough money. Well, guess what, if a sport does not make entertainment, no one watches. So, are they more interested in money, or ego? I know when I saw them at the VM, etc., it was a real positive for both of them!!

Now, next year I want to see the pro's vs the AG's with Steve Larsen going against the two. Our sport would get a LOT more play if it were to build up you can have fun and compete as an AG with "6" hours of training a week. More folks would consider getting involved hearing this than the folks who say you can not do an IM race unless you train 20 hours a week.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the dude that writes on his website would be a tad bit jealous.
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think if Reid & Deboom reconnected? [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all great points from the above posters. wondering if shawn, pete's webdude and good amigo can shed some light.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sense a woman's hand in all of this, somewhere.
Quote Reply