Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what brand of tires was norman riding?
Quote | Reply
asked as if i could afford tubies, but just curious

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: what brand of tires was norman riding? [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom D,

What happened to your theory about not flating often on tubes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.www.schwalbe.com/

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tufos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it would only follow common sense that his first tire was different from the second. The odds of having the same tire on his race wheel as the replacement wheel are pretty slim. IN FACT, the tire on the replacement wheel might have been a clincher!

Does anyone know what wheel/tire he was given after his first flat? What tires flatted? Front both times, or front then rear?

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: what brand of tires was norman riding? [toddtv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

You dont flat on tubies as much, but thats different than not flatting at all. Tufos (and relabelled Tufos, such as some swhalble sp) are very flat proof. Even moreso with the liquid goo, but they also produce some very light tires. I've used their 160gram tires in an IM on rough roads without a problem, but I would be curious what specific tire Norman was using and what were the replacements.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply