Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tissink the Stud
Quote | Reply
little to no mention of him though out the race - until he drops accross the line in 7th - seconds ahead of Soderhal (sp). Raynards 3rd IM (winning in SA and Austria) of the year and up from 10th last year. He is the first South African to place top 10 at Kona which is absolutely huge for a small tri community like that. For me the result of his distinguished career - Great race bud!!!

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: Tissink the Stud [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newby-Fraser and Lessing are both from SA, too. Conrad Stolz is another standout in Xterra.
Quote Reply
Re: Tissink the Stud [Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PNF is from Zimbabwe !
Quote Reply
Re: Tissink the Stud [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad
Quote Reply
Re: Tissink the Stud [Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah but lessing has never raced under the SA Flag - actually swam a bit with him in my misguided youth - great guy! - oh yeah he hasn't finished top 10 in Kona - yet! Tissink lives, trains, supports and races out of SA...

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: Tissink the Stud [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both paula and simon had to leave that area to race at a decent level at the time. Way back then (when they were getting started) it was all but impossible to race internationally at any event, not just triathlon, if you came from south africa. There was an athlete of note at the same time Dave Scott and Mark Aleen were in their heyday, Rockly Montgomery. Must was said the local press that he would have been able to challenge at the top level but he could not get to race overseas due to black listing. He had no out like simon with british ancestory etc. So he raced in SA and eventually right at then end finally got to race a few ultra races overseas, by this time he was not as quick.
Reynard races from SA, but make no mistake he gets very little backing from the SA tri federation, which in turn to their defense get pretty much no support from the countries main sporting body. Reynard is very much a self made man so to speak.
Quote Reply