Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

05 Dual, 05 Equinox 7, or 05 Tequilo?
Quote | Reply
I am getting professionally fit in the near future by a F.I.S.T. certified shop for my first tri bike (selling my Specialized Road Bike)...my question is, assuming the 3 above bikes all fit me, which should I go with? I am just about 6'0' tall with longer arms & normal torso length. All suggestions welcome & appreciated. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 05 Dual, 05 Equinox 7, or 05 Tequilo? [StlTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to go wrong with any 3. Which Dual? 9 or 10 speed? I think its close between the Dual 10 and the Tequilo. I love my Tequilo, so I am biased. The Dual and Tequilo are speced better than the Trek. Both the Dual and the Tequilo have horizontal dropouts. I narrowed it down to the Dual or the Tequilo and went with the Tequilo. I have no regrets. I also know that the Dual is a fantastic bike and I don't think you'd be disappointed.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: 05 Dual, 05 Equinox 7, or 05 Tequilo? [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice, even though it is a bit biased but that's OK! With regard to the 9 or 10 speed Dual, I am not really sure. For an extra $200, is it really worth it for the extra gears and upgraded aerobars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think aerobars are an individual kinda thing, so it might be. But I am glad I got 10 speed, at the very least it adds cool points. Will it make you faster? Nope. But having another gear is nice when looking for that sweet spot during the end of a long ride.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the exact same position about 2 weeks ago. Owning a specialized road bike and looking for the correct triathlon bike. I'm 5'10. So I went to the best fitter in my area and ended up buy a 2006 Cervelo Dual. I don't know what the 05 costs but the 06 is an upgrade, with good components - some durace in place of ultegra, and a Wolf TT fork. I paid right around $1,900 after tax. I'd look into the 06 Dual. Maybe you can get a really good price on an 05 though.
Quote Reply
Re: 05 Dual, 05 Equinox 7, or 05 Tequilo? [Joe Albrecht] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I was kind of hoping to keep the price somewhere around $1500 or so, but who knows, if I like the 06 Dual in person enough I could be persuaded into buying it over the 05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a 05 Dual 9 over the 10 due to the SALE price difference. Ride both if you can the aero bars and wheels are different VERY different. Parts for the 9 speed in a few years might be hard to find. (my old steel road bike was up graded in the spring to the same ultegra 9 speed, so parts are in stock for me) The biggest thing I noticed in different tri bikes is how comfortable the cervelo was for ME. It did not ride or feel the same as the other AL bikes. Test rides are very important. I was lucky T.I. pre fit me for a 15 min test ride I ride the same roads each week so I could compare, then we spent about an hour on the trainer getting dialed in. After a 15 min road ride everything felt great. Tim explained what to adjust and how to tweak for any little feelings of discomfort.

By the way I was given proper for not bringing the bike back after two weeks of riding. They wanted to go over the bike to make sure it was torqued and adjusted.

By the way these guys are road racers first and formost, who make a small group of us triathletes feel very comfortable riding with them.

Rick
Quote Reply