Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Merlin Extralight Update
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd give ya'll an update on Roger's Merlin that was stolen in Denver in August. It's pretty sad, so all of you who cry easily, stop here.

The bike was brought into a local bike store and the staff there knew right away it was stolen because they guy who had it didn't have a clue what he had. He wanted the clips switched out for pedals.

They had the foresight to call the Denver PD and tell them that they had stolen bike. PD came out, didn't see a serial number and told them to give the guy back the bike. Apparently, Denver PD doesn't know how to contact their own bike theft unit or search the reports of the bikes that have been stolen.

One of the bike shops staff saw my post on Craig's List and contacted me via email.

At least we know the bike was in Denver three weeks ago.

If any of you are going to the Velo Swap this weekend, please keep an eye out for a Merlin Extralight, custom blue paint job, full Dura-Ace, black oval fork on the front. I thought it was a 58cm but I've since learned that it's a 57cm.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Merlin Extralight Update [hearsawho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Denver PD going to pay for it?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Merlin Extralight Update [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got me....I know that Roger, who is the most passive man in the entire world, was fit to be tied. He even raised his voice! For him, that's a lot. I'm glad I'm in Texas and not Denver. I'd be in the Chief's office raising all kinds of hell. Incredible.

Roger has spent a ton of time talking to the PD, taking them posters, pictures, identifying information...all kinds of things and then they tell the shop that they don't have a report of the bike being stolen. I think that he should ask for an IA investigation and most certainly some sort of explanation why they didn't pick up the bike as they should have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:O(

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the person who stole it.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Merlin Extralight Update [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that's the wierd thing. I have a name. The shop is searching their tickets to see if they can come up with a phone number. If the guy left his real number, that is. I've already pulled a list of addresses and emailed them to Roger to go check. I hope, if he sees his bike, he'll at least call the PD before trying to get it.

I'm just hoping that he takes it back to the shop. The bike has those funky valves that I just hate (I might learn to like them now) that are so difficult to get the tires aired. Maybe he'll flat out. If he does, there is NO WAY he can get them aired up by himself.
Quote Reply