Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: getting attached [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at the top of my running game at age 45 (high 35-minute 10ks; low 17-minute 5ks). I tore a tendon in my heel and was basically out of racing for 4 years. I thought i would never race again but, after many false starts, which were exacerbated by serious achilles tendonitis in both legs, I finally got healed enough to race again. I'm not as fast as I used to be (who is?) but fast enough to be relatively satisfied with my race performances. Good luck and be patient with your recovery. I kept trying to come back too soon and would reinjure myself.
Hey, how about those White Sox!
Quote Reply
Re: getting attached [HeyB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B--thanks for sharing, and for everybody sharing!!

the latest is that the "major" pain area is (knock on wood) pain free right now, but have had some pain appear in the patellar tendon (however it's spelled). Matt, my PT, says this is because the injury is working its way out and this will be transient...he is not worried, but is keeping an eye on it. it still gets achy if I sit for long periods, and for some reason swimming makes it achy (lucky break...haha, i'm not swimming right now), but it's coming along. in the end, patience and work, patience and work. it's all worth it!!

when your daughter comes to cincy--let us know! alot of us are always out doing something (and maybe I can rope her into doing the time trials come next spring. :) that goes for you too when you visit!

kc
Last edited by: kittycat: Oct 27, 05 18:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next