Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rain in socal
Quote | Reply
well, after being spoiled with this perfect san diego weather for the three months i've lived here, it looks as if it may rain today. i can't believe i'll have to ride on the trainer today.
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [afena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not supposed to be winter yet %$*&%# :-( Got caught in the rain on my long bike ride yesterday here in The OC. FIRST TIME I've ever gotten rained on. Oh well, the Felt needed a cleaning. No rain this morning on my run, but I've got bad memories of constantly running wet from last year's record rainfall. Guess I'm spoiled.
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [TriDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you two make it through "winter" o.k.

Way to sack-up and tough it out through such adverse conditions...

:-)

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be sunny again on Weds, can't wait
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey look, I said I run in the rain. I don't bike in the rain because it's dangerous enough without adding wet conditions and brakes that don't work so well when they're wet. What's it like where you are?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's not supposed to be winter yet %$*&%# :-(

It's not. Winter is next week. This week is fall. ;-)

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, we have four seasons out here, just different ones: earthquake, fire, flood, and riot :)
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [mayday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, nice one!

I live in NY, Long Island to be exact. We get about six, maybe seven really nice days per year.

The rest it's either wet and cold, or hot and humid. And always, a headwind, no matter which direction you're going...

Dan DeMaio
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like winter, cold and wet. The local TV network news shows went from Fire Watch (high winds, hot, dry conditions) last week to Storm Watch (rain, snow in mountains) this week. I know I seem like a whiner. Just wondering what others put up with to train in terms of weather? For example, I've replaced my Tuesday and Thursday rides with a spinning class because it's too dark and the rain is back. Maybe when the time changes it will be light enough at 6:00 in the morning to get back out on the bike (if no rain).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I was just bustin' them on ya!

I'm really just jealous of your weather. Here in the Northeast you have to be pretty much ready for anything. If I waited for decent weather, during one or two of those seemingly rare hours that I actually have to workout, I'd never be able to train at all!

Rain, snow, wind, ice, oppresive heat - you just learn to deal with it. Most important thing is - the right clothing - it makes all the difference in the world.

And relatively speaking, I know that we don't really have it all that bad. I don't know how those (like many on this board) who live in Canada, northern Eurupe, etc. deal with even worse conditions.

Dan DeMaio
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [mayday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when i lived in Southeast Michigan (Ann Arbor), we only had three seasons: Fall, Winter, Construction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you like the 8 consecutive days of rain last week???

I love Long Island!!!
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [Tri to Qualify] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was just awesome!!

Friday was the second time in a year I got to run in knee-deep water. 50 mile bike ride in 30-30 mph winds yesterday.

It's all good.....

Dan DeMaio
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(50 mile bike ride)

I only rode 20 yesterday. Felt like I was going to be blown off of the bridge on the Wantagh Pkwy! What are you training for currently???
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [Tri to Qualify] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm done until probably the Bronx Du in April next year, save for a couple of 5k's, 10k's, etc...

I usually ride the Wantagh on Wednesday mornings, before 7:00 am. I'm on a Litespeed Siena. Say hello if you're ever out there at that time!

Dan DeMaio
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds good. I'm on a QR Lucero. See you on the roads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, ha. I grew up in Maryland, and do NOT miss the winters! We are very spoiled here in SoCal (I'm in San Clemente)! It so rarely rains here, and never for more than a single day at a time. I'm going for a run/swim this afternoon, rain or shine! Woo hoo!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brrr, just got back from noon Masters and a 4 mile run after it. Both done in the pouring rain. The pool is outside. On the plus side, there were only 5 of us in my lane today, usually there is 8 - 10. Winter will be over in a couple of days.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: rain in socal [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, ha. So true! My pool is the community pool right across the street from my house, and it's heated to about 82 degrees, and there will be no one there. I will go for the run first though to heat up so the pool will be refreshing! I'll follow that up with some leftover Domino's Pizza for dinner. Now, I just have to finish work so I can go home before it gets dark! Daylight Savings Time ends in two weeks, so we'll have earlier daylight at least!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm in San Diego right now for the first time. They said it hasn't rained since April and it rained yesterday, and poured today. Go figure...

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply