Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fetish Cycles carbon wheels and disc...
Quote | Reply
Just noticed that Fetish has joined the bandwagon. That's a cool graphic job on the disc.

http://www.fetishcycles.com/Wheels.html
Quote Reply
Re: Fetish Cycles carbon wheels and disc... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rebadged Renn 575?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Fetish Cycles carbon wheels and disc... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the 50mm tubulars. Mounted the front wheel and test rode it. Very smooth. It makes a nice little whistle as it rotates. Both wheels are a little out of true, but rideable. I need to contact Fetish about a special spoke wrench to true the wheels.

I probably won't get an extended ride on them until next spring, but for what its worth, the hubs feel smooth and the rims look good.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Fetish Cycles carbon wheels and disc... [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you didn't pay MSRP? they have to be on crack to demand that MSRP. their page is very sparse on info, they're not a known company like Zipp or Hed, and $1599 for a carbon clincher with "aluminum edge" is what Zipp asks. $2499 for a full carbon wheelset ... that's on par with Campy Hyperons, and they are nowhere as well known as Campy. how do I know that the carbon in their hubs isn't just carbon-weave stickers? oh, and it looks like some of their hubs are Am Classic. aside from the numerous bearing issues those hubs have, Am Classic advises against lacing the rear hub radially ... which Fetish Cycles has done.
Quote Reply
Re: Fetish Cycles carbon wheels and disc... [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're on ebay for a buy it now price of around $500

-david
Quote Reply
Re: Fetish Cycles carbon wheels and disc... [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine from Ebay. I figured that they were worth the risk. Thus far, I have been fairly impressed and happy with the purchase. The rear is laced 2x, not radial. Plus, so long as the rim is good, I can get it laced up to another hub. The rim appears fine and rode very well in my test ride. Some slight truing and the wheel will be perfect.

From what I can tell, it is just a rebadged Hed Stinger. Not a bad deal. If you get them off ebay they include the brake pads for the rim.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply