Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does yousendit not have the 25 dl limit any more? I guess not a problem if not that many people are interested or you don't mind putting up extra links.

What about something like megaupload.com. The dl speeds are a bit slower but they are unlimited and stay up longer than yousendit. Not sure about file size though.

Anyway, thanks for uploading it anywhere if you get around to doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got it too.

Everything from pre race to last finisher...although I haven't checked out teh last finisher yet. A little over 2GB. I'm *Attempting* to create a DVD(s) out of it...that's gonna take a while, lotsa a crunching going on.

I don't think I have enough space on any of my sites, or enough bandwidth to host it. It's just to freakin big. How about something like E-mule or something?

I can put it in my shared directory under a specific name and people can start downloading. Once it's been peeled off by a few people it shoudl go pretty quick. I have broken it all down into 40-60MB chunks about 40 in all. What say yea?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As much as I did enjoy the feed, I was disgusted by the Scott Tinley interview. He noted that he did not know many of the pros leading the race. Names that you would hear if you picked up the latest issue of Triathlete Magazine (I don't propose you do - the final column is written by some ex-pro who evidently doesn't care anymore). I guess I just found it upsetting that he was slamming the sport that made him who he is. (while using the opportunity to tell us all about his latest endeavors).
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you know a bit of the back-ground on Scott Tinley(ST), you would have been able to put his remarks in a better context.

Many of the real keeners for Ironman are what I call "lifers" - they do triathlons for a long time and there is nothing wrong with that. However, when someone steps away from the sport almost completely as someone like ST has, many of these lifers don't seem to get it.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can accept everything you say -- but if he did step away from the sport, why is he still writing for Triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"why is he still writing for Triathlete?"

To give the outside perspective.

Triathlon is a great sport with a great lifestyle associated with it. However, as a long time participant, observer and student of the sport, it is a sport that tends to look inside a bit too much. So, Tinley's and other's views from the outside world should be looked upon as being helpful, I hope.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will agree to disagree on this. He was one of my favorites when I started racing just for the reasons you mentioned - I liked his balance. But I guess I was just put - not by his comments, but by his tone. Of course, sitting in front of a computer for countless hours may put me in that position.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IMH coverage is usually 1/1.5 hours sometime in November. Luckily on the East Coast a college football game runs into about 20 minutes of the coverage.... so we complain and they replay the event sometime in Dec. What we have now is an event that has an incredible volume of fantastic competitors (including a stage that is equally exciting for female, male and age groupers), a great sponsor and real time live coverage. Yeah a few improvements for next year, but it beats waiting for NBC in November (how about some more coverage at other IM's). I say ***** five stars, awesome! IM's selling out in hours... live feed... did someone say triathlon and mainstream in the same sentence?
Last edited by: steve r: Oct 17, 05 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed the Tinley comments race day. He still know the sport even if he doesn't follow all ofthe top names anymore. I was fortunate enough to meet him at a race once and he is an asset to the sport in whatever capacity he is in it. It would be great to see him be able to give another go at Kona if he is able to handle the foot (I think he said foot) issues resolved.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAVE, i had problems viewing on my mac but managed to sort them out - try downloading firefox or mozilla as a browser instead of explorer then just download windows media player. Mine was fine after that. i stayed up most of the night to watch the pros then grabbed a couple of hours sleep before heading out for some traing. After watching Sinballe i couldnt wait to put some miles in!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Live Feed-Rate it [MATTCYCLE1 UK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the coverage was great! I think ST was just pulling a funny. I really enjoyed the interview with him and all the "behind the scenes" and old timers stories. It was a great day. I watched more "TV" (some of it on the trainer) that day than I have in months.

Thank you Ironmanlive.com for providing it for us. Thanks for all the hard work PNF, Welchie, Huddle, Frey, Stat Girl and company. I am sure it was a long day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next