Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM AUSTRALIA, should I?
Quote | Reply
Just posing a question here. I've just finished my first season in the sport with my "A" race being Caliman 1/2 back in September. My next race is the Ford 70.3 (formerly Ralph's) in Oceanside in March, so I'll pick my 1/2 iron training back up in January.
Long story short, my wife is from Port Macquarie, Australia, home of IM Australia. As it turns out, we're going to Australia in April for her brother's wedding, and will be staying in Port Macquarie, and having been there many times, I know the area well. I would like to attempt my first IM in 2006, but am wondering if I should try to train for this one, so early in the '06 season. I know I have it in me, but is it worth the hassle to take the bike down there and all the gear ALONG WITH my surfboard and bodyboard (which ALWAYS go with me), or should I just wait until there's a full IM here in Calif. later in the season (Vineman, CaliforniaMan, etc.)?
Any feedback? Heckling is allowed...

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Oct 14, 05 16:15
Quote Reply
Re: IM AUSTRALIA, should I? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DO IT!

Awesome part of the world and a tough but good event. When are you going to get the chance to do an overseas IM in the future. You gotta take em while they're there...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say do it. I'd never do even a 1/2 that early in the year, but I live in Chicago and can't stand training indoors. You're in California and can train outside year-round. You've got 5 more months training time and you must already have a pretty good base. Go for it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM AUSTRALIA, should I? [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. Yeah, since my 1/2 iron in Sept., I did an OLy last weekend and have been scaling back the training this week. Not sure I want to do full IM training through winter, but we'll see. I'd miss out on some good snowboarding up in the Sierra! Ha, ha.
Thanks for the advice!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM AUSTRALIA, should I? [wanderer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, to do an event in a foreign country I think would be awsome. Each IM has it's own unique diferences and how many chances do you get to experience them. It sounds like it be easier for you to enter a stateside event than travel overseas so go when you can. Leave the boards and do some bodysurfing while getting you swim workout ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got to go with wanderer on this one. It's the perfect opportunity, and for you it will basically be like racing at "home". Perfect.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply