Heres somes of mines goals fors 2004s.

Events:
Sprint some time in May
Olympic either June or July
Hotter-n-Hell 100 August
White Rock Half marathon November
Foot race every now and then.

Diet:
Not even going to post it. A flame war of unreal scope will explode. I figured it in the Air Force and now someone has written a book about it. I am a trend setter.

Here are a few things to chew on and shoot back at me.

For the last 5 years every joint in my body has a tooth achy feel to it. Always hurting but nothing drastic just annoying. MDs have no clue what it is.

Lower legs feel like they are falling off. Both knees hurt and shin splints happen just walking. Ideas?

Great new job has to be replaced. Last night I strapped on my old Puma boots and started teaching my son the finer points of defense on the patch. I really want to get back into soccer. My brother-in-law wants me to join his squad but they practice at night and I work at night. I give myself 4 months for a new job.

So 2004 looks like fun.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joints...

any history of autoimmune diseases in your family, Arthritis, Sjogrens, Juvenile diabetes. Live in the north east or other lyme disease areas, any swelling along with the pain

Soccer...

Indoor and outdoor when I can... Training? not training... just fun... it happens to just help your training... Gotta go with adidas boots though

good luck
Quote Reply
Feel free to comment [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So.....................................Cheese is good.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment. [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joints- No one in my family has any joint problems except my brother. He has torn his knees to shreds and it is all sport related. I have no swelling and no lose in mobility. Just a ooochy factor.

soccer- I should have said pratice more than train. Got to know what the team is doing on game day. Adidas boots are fantastic and super sexy but I just love the Honda Civicness of Puma.

Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea why but your post made me laugh so hard I snorted.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

2004 goals:
I did Ironman training all last year and only raced six times : (
2004 I plan to race
1 time in March
2 times in April
2 Times in May
4 times in June
3 times in July
2/ 3 times in Aug
2/3 in Sept
I love to race and sometimes rate the race as an (A) (B) (C) race . My wife races with me then we go site seeing and drinking BEER!!!!! The most important thing about choosing a race is seeing and doing new things.

Oh and in 2004 I plan to really get under the skin of our local slowtwitch FRENCHIE!!!!!!!! Franswaaaaaaaa
Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment. [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so you are only going to do two thirds of a race in the last 2 months? dont you like to run?

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try Celebrex or Bextra for your joint pain. Getting old really bites doesn't it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ever look at Fibromyalga sp. as a possible ailment. I know 2 gals who have it and describe it as you. I'm not sure what it is or how it effects people, and doctors are of no help. They have helped themselves herbally and by stress reduction. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment. [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vioxx does wonders for me. I only take it when needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment. [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. There seem to be no definitive tests, but rather a diagnosis based on symptoms--joint pain primarily. You need to go to a rheumatologist for a diagnosis. But, my research on the web identified two things that can help--(1) Stretching and exercise. Fibromyalgia is supposedly in the connective tissue--it hardens and loses flexibility. Stretching and exercise can keep it more flexible. This runs counterintuitive to the sufferer who assumes rest and inactivity will make them feel better. (2) MSM. MSM is a natural sulfur compound similar to DMSO, but supposedly without the side effects. You can get it in any vitamin/health food store. FM sufferers have claimed it helped them significantly (read about actor James Coburn). Even without a diagnosis of FM, you can do the above and see if it helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs,

Just about everything posted here relates to my wife's condition too. She even had an MRI. On her own, from reading everything she could find, she started taking Glucosamine Sulfate about two months ago. Just yesterday she told me she was completely painless for the first time in a couple of years. For her it really worked and it is cheap. She buys it at Costco but does buy a brand name. You might try it for a couple of months. Good luck and keep racing.

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Feel free to comment. [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes Vioxx is good too but still doesn't make up for not having cartilage in your knees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<For the last 5 years every joint in my body has a tooth achy feel to it. Always hurting but nothing drastic just annoying. MDs have no clue what it is. >>

I have to agree with the other posters regarding MSM/Glucosomine. I've been taking it for two years now. Even after 10 - 12 mile long runs, the only things that hurt are calfs, quads and hamstrings. Joint pain is a thing of the past for me. Of course, I buy American made MSM/Glucosomine from an FDA monitored facility. You can get it from my sponsor (www.evergreenutrition.com) or direct from the source (www.nutrasense.com).

<<Lower legs feel like they are falling off. Both knees hurt and shin splints happen just walking. Ideas?>>

Overtrained, perhaps. I don't know what your current mileage, training background etc are, but perhaps a week of easy days will put some snap back in your legs. I've been beating the crap out of myself and it has finally caught up with me, so low and slow I go for awhile...

Brett
Quote Reply