Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon Books
Quote | Reply
I've done many sprint triathlons and finished my first half iron last year. I'm doing IM Florida in 2004 as well as 2 half iron races. I'm looking for books that would be helpful to my training but not a rehash of everything I've learned over the years. I've heard that "Going Long" is a decent book... but, I haven't heard of any other decent books that focus on long course.

What do you consider the best triathlon book out there? Any suggestions as to what books I should read?

Thanks,

TC
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Books [thisbetc621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The three standards, I think, are Triathlete's Training Bible, Training Plans for Multisport Athletes, and Going Long.

If you are already comfortable putting together your own schedules, periodization, etc, then maybe you don't want the first two. To a certain extent, Going Long does cover the same ground that TTB does, but it also includes a lot of valuable information on training for the IM distance that the other two don't, including some excellent tips on the mental aspect of long races.

I picked up GL two weeks before doing my first 1/2 IM last June, and I found the section on what to expect mentally and emotionally to be invaluable during the race.

I've read a few other tri books(e.g. Triathlon 101), and I thought that they were good for rank beginners, but were a once read for anyone who has done more than a couple of sprints.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply