Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MegaEXO BB Installation question
Quote | Reply
I installed my BB the other day - per the instructions. Installed the right cup with the aluminum spacer, then the left cup, but there was an "extra" part - a plain looking aluminum tube with machined ends. This was inside the aluminum spacer when I unpacked it. I left this piece out of the install, but now I am thinking it might have belonged - the machining is pretty good on the inside of this piece, more than I would expect for something that was used as, say, a spacer used in shipping.

Thoughts on this?

JA
Quote Reply
Re: MegaEXO BB Installation question [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't recall getting a plain aluminum tube with my MegaExo cranks. I installed mine about a year ago so my memory could be off. If your cranks are performing fine I wouldn't worry about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a tube that is less than the length of the BB and would fit over the spindle? If so, maybe it is a tube to keep the inside bearing races equal distance. Maybe (Zipp wheels have a tube inside the freehub body for that purpose). I may be wrong - never installed one.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doug from FSA.

That tube goes over the spindle, between the two bearings.

Doug
Quote Reply
Re: MegaEXO BB Installation question [freshwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, I was right.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are we all on the same page? The instructions don't show a "plain" aluminum tube, just the middle (aluminum) spacer #2 which I assume JohnA wasn't referring to. Was a plain aluminum tube newly added? If so, do I need one?

[/img]
Last edited by: AeroEgg: Oct 8, 05 18:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. Looks like it needs to be added to the documentation.

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply