Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power Training - iBike Pro??
Quote | Reply
Anyone know anything about this product or had a chance to speak to them at Interbike? Different take on measuring and training by power.

http://www.ibikesports.com/

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Power Training - iBike Pro?? [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that any computer that relies on pressure readings to determine altitude gains and ground velocity to calculate power isn't going to be really accurate.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Power Training - iBike Pro?? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure it also uses accelerometers. It is very similar, at least on face value, to some similar devices that the "tuner" crowd uses to measure performance. You plug those devices into your cigarette lighter (from which they can pick up RPM due to alternator fluctuations) and then there is some other stuff you have to input. I am guessing you enter bike weight, your weight, etc.

The thing that really makes you wonder is when they say "Accurate - Precision accuracy comparable to the highest-priced power meters." Um, that is not technical. 10% is maybe comparable to 5% (SRM Amateur), but is not really useful... I wouldn't buy a powermeter that doesn't even have published accuracy...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Power Training - iBike Pro?? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am sure it also uses accelerometers. It is very similar, at least on face value, to some similar devices that the "tuner" crowd uses to measure performance. You plug those devices into your cigarette lighter (from which they can pick up RPM due to alternator fluctuations) and then there is some other stuff you have to input. I am guessing you enter bike weight, your weight, etc.

The thing that really makes you wonder is when they say "Accurate - Precision accuracy comparable to the highest-priced power meters." Um, that is not technical. 10% is maybe comparable to 5% (SRM Amateur), but is not really useful... I wouldn't buy a powermeter that doesn't even have published accuracy...
It says it has an accelerometer, presumably to measure acceleration. The idea of using barometric pressure to accurately measure altitude changes to plug into the power calculation seems a bit sketchy.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Power Training - iBike Pro?? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they're captilasing off the common, incorrect usage of comparable to mean similar...
Quote Reply