Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XTERRA 12.6 SUP???
Quote | Reply
Has anyone bought one of these?? The price is right with the available discount. Discount code ST gets you 45% off.

http://www.xterraboards.com/...ck?variant=938392829

There are no reviews of the 12.6 foot model and the reviews for the 10 foot board they sell range from GREAT to good to not so great.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA 12.6 SUP??? [Jamie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA 12.6 SUP??? [ltaylor108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess nobody has bought one yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How and where do you plan on using this board? I paddle everyday, I have different boards for waves, open ocean, and down wind runs. I have used these air boards in the past, they are at best 50% of a standard fibeglass, epoxy, or carbon fiber board. Air boards are terrible in the wind, especially cross winds. The only real use is white water rafting style or just a family day on the lake.

If you must have a air style board look at Naish.com; they make the best.

Aloha and be well

RG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an NRS inflatable board. I looked at the Xterra ones as well but was able to get a better deal on NRS which is arguably a better board. Inflatables can take a beating and they won't get wrecked. They're great for family stuff, etc. but not so great for doing long paddles and hard workouts like that. I know a few people who have the Xterras and they have mostly positive reviews of them

----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought one, but haven't put it in the water yet. Life you know. I did air it up and was pleasantly surprised at how stiff it is. New to SUP, but it is a compromise, portability and storage vs the kind of ride you'll get from a standard SUP. If I can swing it and get in the water soon, I'll report back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it. We have two of the 12'6" boards, and they're Great. We use them for flat water, and I would get another if I had a need. They inflate enough to be solid, even with an adult and two golden retrievers on board.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA 12.6 SUP??? [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious how these work for training if you were on a lake or river. Looking at buying one for myself to help train with my wife while she swims. I found one solid review, https://thetriathletehub.com/xterra-paddle-boards/ and was just curious if they are easy to pack and blow up. thanks.

Go where you feel most alive. |TriHub
Quote Reply