Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nano, nano
Quote | Reply
No, I'm not channeling Mork. I plunked down the cash and I've got a iPod nano on the way. What service should I go with? Napster? iTunes? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Nano, nano [Monsieur Trois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hope yours does not crack

check Google news for today's word on the Nano
Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Sep 29, 05 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iTunes.
Quote Reply
Re: Nano, nano [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D'oh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't think you have a choice. I believe Itunes is it and proprietary.
Quote Reply
Re: Nano, nano [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys!

Now to find 1,000 of my favorite songs...hope they have 99 Luftballoons.

]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they do

I have the dance remix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Don't think you have a choice. I believe Itunes is it and proprietary

This is not quite correct. You can put songs on a Nano from any source you want, as long as it's an acceptable format. I have loaded songs from various sources onto mine, including songs that I copied from a CD.

I'm not claiming to be authoritative on this though...I'm still playing with ours.

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definately use iTunes, it is the best music library manager. This may not be a huge deal, but with iTunes you'll have the option to display your album artwork on your ipod nano screen while the song is playing. congratulations on purchasing the sweetest freakin' gadget in the world. I just got mine a week ago. Even while holding it in your hand it is hard to believe that it is real.
Quote Reply
Re: Nano, nano [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad. I guess it is the other way around as the songs you buy on itunes cannot be played on other programs ... I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My bad

Only sorta. There seems to be a bit of confusion WRT what the OP meant by itunes...if (s)he meant the music library manager program, then, yeah, use it...I'm not sure how or why you wouldn't. If (s)he meant itunes.com, the music download store, then IMO, that should probably be used as one member of the set of places from which to source music.

Quote:
I guess it is the other way around as the songs you buy on itunes cannot be played on other programs ... I think.

That'd suck. ( I have no idea if you are right or not, just that it would suck. ) Anybody know if this is true? This, coupled with a post in another thread that stated that you can only burn a song that you purchased from itunes on a CD 7 times (also don't know if this is true, but this claim seems dubious), seems to imply that itunes.com doesn't really sell music. I haven't yet bought any music from itunes.com, and I'm new to the whole ipod thing, so much of this is ignorance.

Certainly there are utilities that convert the different music formats betwixt themselves (WAV to MP3 and so on)...you seem to be implying, albeit with uncertainty that there aren't any that convert from itunes format (AAV?) to MP3 et al. If that's what you are implying, does anybody know the skinny on this? If the the burn 7 times limit is real, does it apply only when buring with itunes?

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 7 Seconds version.

or the techno version.

English or German.

what a great song.

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really wish they'd hurry up with the sleeves. I dropped my naked mini and got the dreaded sad mac so I'd really like to protect my nano as much as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Nano, nano [Xenu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can put it on the i pod as many times as you want. The burn limit is to cd's. I think i tunes is acc files

Thom
Quote Reply