Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Drill Question
Quote | Reply
When swimming with one arm...is it best to have the dead arm in front or dangling behind?
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Drill Question [swimfan77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can mix it up -- you can also breathe on the 'stroke' side or away.

g
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i do it with my arms on the side. not dangling.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find keeping it in front helps me 'balance' in the water more... especially single arm fly.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Drill Question [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 arm fly?? How do you generate enough power to rise up and clear your recovery arm above the water?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All kick

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that keeping the arm out front helps with “balance”. Also, I find with the dead arm out front it helps reinforce “front loading” my stroke.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Drill Question [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FLy is about the kick, not the arms. Your kick should propel the arms out of the water a fair ways. Fly kick should start almost at the chest and flow from there, no bent knees (when teaching little kids I used to tell them to pretend they are a tree in the wind).

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've never done one arm fly? It's really not that bad. Keep your left arm streamlined in front of you, do the stroke with the right arm. Breathe every stroke - tilt your head to the right instead of breathing forward.

It really requires some good hip action to get your body to move in that sexy wave style :)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Drill Question [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that David Hasselhoff? ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was taught to cross my arm across my chest with my hand on the opposite shoulder. Seems to help with balance and concentrating on the pull with the other arm.

Try it (and all the other suggestions) and see if it works for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Drill Question [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You've never done one arm fly? It's really not that bad. Keep your left arm streamlined in front of you, do the stroke with the right arm. Breathe every stroke - tilt your head to the right instead of breathing forward.

It really requires some good hip action to get your body to move in that sexy wave style :)
Damn, I've GOT to learn how to dolphin kick (see my earlier thread on my inability to get it!).

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hula hoop :)

Quote Reply
Re: Swim Drill Question [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ROFLMFAO!!! oh man. god im whiping the tears at the funnyness of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply