Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Element thread
Quote | Reply
Alright! My Mercedes ML 320 is going to be history in 2 days when I pick up my new Element. I'm really psyched. I've always been a sucker for ugly cars. I loved the original mini when everyone here hated them. I bought a 73 civic as my first car, when everyone thought they were too small and ugly.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Element thread [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is probably the most functional car I have owned and the looks kind of grow on you.

Quote | Reply
what about the new chevy hhr ? i don' thtink they are as big as the element. but would sick all black...lowered with black window tint :)

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Another Element thread [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 problems

I don't think you can roll your bike in there standing up

I've never been a fan of GM stuff,.......except the daytime running lights.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my Element for 16 months now and love it. Two bikes can be rolled in standing up, you can throw all kids of wet and gnarly stuff on the floor and not worry about staining anything and you can basically can turn the vehicle into a locker room on wheels and it doesn't mind or get at all fussy.

The sound system is great with the subwoofer and there is all kinds of storage space for all kinds of stuff.

It easily is the most functional vehicle on the roadways and it has enough punch to get out of its own way.

Mileage could be a little better compared to the Saturns and the VW I had previously but I am not complaining.

Mine is the EX 2-wheel drive in blue.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Another Element thread [Mark DeCotis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing I find lacking is a storage bin between the two front seats. That tray does not cut it. I did notice and after-market one that I may check out.

Re: Another Element thread [Mark DeCotis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I've had my Element for 16 months now and love it. Two bikes can be rolled in standing up, you can throw all kids of wet and gnarly stuff on the floor and not worry about staining anything and you can basically can turn the vehicle into a locker room on wheels and it doesn't mind or get at all fussy.

The sound system is great with the subwoofer and there is all kinds of storage space for all kinds of stuff.

It easily is the most functional vehicle on the roadways and it has enough punch to get out of its own way.

Mileage could be a little better compared to the Saturns and the VW I had previously but I am not complaining.

Mine is the EX 2-wheel drive in blue.[/reply]

I second everthing Mark says about the Element. I have the 4wd 2005 model (XM radio rocks) and could not be happier.

For the life of me I just don't see why anyone would pay so much more for other comparable vehicles that do so much less.

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Another Element thread [Local Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got one as a rental recently. Worst car I've been in. Anemic engine, weird controls, annoying LED light on the ceiling that apparently stays on all the time.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

... yeah but is it a good car to learn how to drive? (cross section compared to that of a bike ? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I wouldn't know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy muthafucka.

_______
t
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my Element since April of 03 and it now has 40,000+ miles on it. I have an EX manual 2wd and it has been great. I didnt like the automatic version, it seemed sluggish, but the lower geared manual version is a lot better IMO and allows the engine to work better. I can pull up 6% highway grades in 5th gear at 65mph. I usually have the rear seats removed making it into a small van. I have taken mine down some rough fireroads with rocks bouncing off the underside without problem.

I did get 27mpg on a recent road trip with 2 people and 2 bikes in the back. Dont put a roof rack on it, I took mine off as it seemed to lose at least 5mpg.

My only criticism is that it is noisy inside and anything loose in the back wants to slide everywhere. The controls you get used to like everything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a tuner kind of guy, but I'd drive one of these Elements:

http://www.derekknight.com/element/studio-e.html

I'd also drive a stock Element, and plan on getting one when it's time to replace my current vehicle. It's versatility has me hooked. My girlfriend is sick of me pointing out every element we see as we drive.

Quote | Reply
[reply] I didnt like the automatic version, it seemed sluggish, but the lower geared manual version is a lot better IMO and allows the engine to work better. I can pull up 6% highway grades in 5th gear at 65mph. [reply]

I got the auto, because my wife's car is a stick and none of my kids can drive a stick. They aren't even interested in learning, despite my cajoling.

Quote Reply
Re: Another Element thread [Thierry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
... yeah but is it a good car to learn how to drive? (cross section compared to that of a bike ? ;)[/reply]

You can try it if you get your learner's permit.

I'm sure the crosswinds effect it.

Crest Century this Saturday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GOT IT! It IS a little underpowered, but nothing I can't live with. The handling and steering are very precise. The sound system IS AMAZING. Let's see how I like after a few weeks.

Quote Reply