Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Freakin spider bit my toe!!!
Quote | Reply
Two miles into todays bike ride I felt a stink on my big toe. Not your normal pinching but a scream out loud, "What the f#@$ just bit me" type of deal. I stop and take off my shoe and out crawls this mega huge wood spider. Another great part of of living in New England is the spiders are not poisonous but people do react to them sometimes. So I spend the next two hours waiting for my foot/leg to swell and fall off. Nothing happened thanksfully.
Quote Reply
Re: Freakin spider bit my toe!!! [peethreeguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want, post your address and I'll send you a couple of black widows from the fleet that live in my yard and occasionally in my house. One of the joys of San Diego county.

Glad your bite wasn't poisonous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider yourself lucky. Three years ago I got bit by a Brown Recluse. Two trips to the ER and couldn't wear a shoe for over two weeks.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I felt a stink on my big toe.
Hey, if your toes smell so bad that you can feel it, then maybe you need to wash them better!! =P

Yikes, those scare the crap out of me. Black widows I can handle b/c they keep to themselves. But critters that wander around looking for food give me the willies. Especially if they'll wander into your bed, closet, etc....
Quote Reply
Re: Freakin spider bit my toe!!! [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Especially if they'll wander into your bed, closet, etc...."

Little shit wandered into my shower. I saw him one morning and I'm a live and let live kinda guy. Besides, spiders control more annoying insects. The next morning I must have rinsed him off the wall or something, because he ended up on my foot. I'm seriously impaired, visually, so I didn't have any idea what was making my foot sting until I got out of the shower and put in my contact lenses.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, let's be grateful we don't live in Australia. They have those little brown sometimes deadly bastards that live around Sidney. My cousin had to kill one in her room when she lived in Oz. They were once confined to a small habitant but apparently they've been hitching rides on motorized vehicles and are starting to pop up in other parts of the country.
Quote Reply