Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chicago Running Routes
Quote | Reply
I will be visiting Chicago this weekend (Sat/Sun) and I'm looking for some nice run routes. (At least 1 hr) I haven't been to the city in a number of years so I forget where to go. I am staying right downtown (Wyndham, Loop District)

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Running Routes [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got back from Chicago last week :) ... actually, we have lots of customers and industry events there so I visit quite often. Running along the lakefornt is great. Lots of company and great things to gawk at as a tourist.

You can find info and a map at http://www.cararuns.org/.../lakefront_maps.html .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Head east to the lakefront, get on the bike path, and go north or go south (less bikers, rollerbladers) and go around the Planetarium (one of the best skyline views in the world IMO). I run here just about everyday at lunch time weather permitting. It's beautiful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your hotel will be on Ontario Street. Head east on Ontario to the lake (you might have to go a few blocks north or south to cross under Lake Shore Drive). When you are on the lake front path you can go north or south for miles and miles each way.

Ask at your hotel to learn where the best place to cross Lake Shore Drive on foot.

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Running Routes [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Head east to the lakefront, get on the bike path, and go north or go south (less bikers, rollerbladers) and go around the Planetarium (one of the best skyline views in the world IMO). I run here just about everyday at lunch time weather permitting. It's beautiful.
*shakes fist* damn you and your fast typing!

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Running Routes [Tony Stark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome-thanks everybody

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Running Routes [Tony Stark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"*shakes fist* damn you and your fast typing!"

Thanks. I got up to a whopping 35 words a minute in summer school. You must be a BOP typist :)
Last edited by: MPB1950: Sep 23, 05 13:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the Chicago 1/2 Marathon on Sunday. You can still sign up at the expo on Saturday. The course takes you through the University of Chicago, up Lake Shore Drive (one of the few times a year they shut it down) and finishes at the Museum of Science and Industry. This will be my first year doing it, but others have told me the course is nice.

www.chicagohalfmarathon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Running Routes [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing the half as well. it'll be my longest run to date. the longest I've ever gone up until then will have been 10 miles. hope the last 5k doesn't kill me...
Quote Reply
Re: Chicago Running Routes [partytickets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only done 1 other stand alone 1/2 mary (1:36) and one as part of a 1/2 iron (1:38 run). What kind of time are you hoping to put up? It's a training run for me for the full mary 2 weeks later. If you're dirt slow maybe we can meet up. I'm planning on taking it very easy, 1:45 or so.
Quote Reply