Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: Strange Lights in San Diego [jonny dough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just happened to walk out of my place (facing west) right when the thing launched, and I watched it until the rocket was no longer visible. That was by far the coolest thing I've ever seen, though I may be a bit biased because I love anything that flies. I told my GF that I can die now.

The separation of the first stage was the best part (still photos do no justice to the beauty of the thing - imagine that rocket and the cloud of gas it left behind moving faster than anything you've seen, but absolutely silent):

From the San Diego Union Tribune: http://www.signonsandiego.com/...ca-rocketlaunch.html

Last edited by: The Square Peg: Sep 23, 05 9:07
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Strange Lights in San Diego [jonny dough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting about this as I was really curious when I stepped out on my deck last night and saw those beautiful trails of light. It was certainly quite a sight to see.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Strange Lights in San Diego [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check it out- this was it.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/minotaur/stpr1/

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Strange Lights in San Diego [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually, what that was, if you have to know. i live up in LA and my friend had some extra shit left over from fourth of july. i can't stand myy neighbors cat so we rigged up this device to one of those cat harnesses and we just let her loose. never thought the damn thing would make it all the way down to SD. WOW!!
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Strange Lights in San Diego [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"but folks as far away as Utah, Nevada and Arizona witnessed the incredible sight."..isn't just incredible that so many people could witness that.

Thanks for posting the link..great info. I'll have December 18 marked on the calendar.
Quote Reply

Prev Next