Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON... has arrived (now w/even more pics) [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you put the frame on a scale? If so what did it come in at?

----------

Quote Reply
Re: CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON... has arrived (now w/even more pics) [swmrdrn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We never had just the frame completely disassembled, so no, I don't have just a frame weight.

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Re: CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON... has arrived (now w/even more pics) [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I'll bite. So other than the fact that this site is goo-goo over Cervelo (a hot tri-bike to be sure), what specifically makes this the "hottest carbon frame ever"? Would that mean hotter than Orbea Orca, Scott, Colnago Carbonissimo, etc. . . .
Quote Reply
Re: CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON... has arrived (now w/even more pics) [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, IF (and I do mean IF) the frame is as light as cervelo claims (light as an r2.5) and IF the bottom bracket is stiffer and IF it is truely aero -

then this bike is tha' shizzle on my rizzle makin me pop a grizzle........

my experience (several test rides) with the others

- orbea: front end seems wonky to me on the orca (loosey goosey)

- scott: I can't complain about much, some people say there is more road "buzz" than they like - but to me this thing is light and tight (but not aero - for me I'm not sure if I really give a flying flip about my road bike being aero)

- colnago: old school cred out the ying yang, but heavier and really not on the "cutting edge" (if that's your thing)

-----
"I do my best to slay" - Matt Pike
Last edited by: fireface: Sep 15, 05 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON... has arrived (now w/even more pics) [gosojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sonja,

Nice seeing you post here...and let me know when you get a 58 in.....

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: CERVELO SOLOIST CARBON... has arrived (now w/even more pics) [fireface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]well, IF (and I do mean IF) the frame is as light as cervelo claims (light as an r2.5) and IF the bottom bracket is stiffer and IF it is truely aero -

then this bike is tha' shizzle on my rizzle makin me pop a grizzle........

my experience (several test rides) with the others

- orbea: front end seems wonky to me on the orca (loosey goosey)

- scott: I can't complain about much, some people say there is more road "buzz" than they like - but to me this thing is light and tight (but not aero - for me I'm not sure if I really give a flying flip about my road bike being aero)

- colnago: old school cred out the ying yang, but heavier and really not on the "cutting edge" (if that's your thing)[/reply]

Well, these 56cm frames right now are 1150g. I would like to take a little bit more weight out of the frame, but the truth is that the way the frame is now seems to be the best combination of features. Light, strong (3xDIN for impact, 3xEFBe TP level), stiff (in both bb and torsion despite the aero tubes) and comfortable. That makes it a pretty spectacular frame for something like today's Vuelta stage, which had some serious climbing, then a mad chase down the hill, a lot of bridging of gaps, a serious stretch of cobble stones and finally a two-up sprint. So we couldn't have asked for a better demonstration than Nicki Sorensen's win on his Soloist Carbon today.

Of course, even the Soloist Team which is a couple hundred grams heavier than a Soloist Carbon is still a faster frame than all the superlight frames out there. Just today I was reviewing a new Bayonne frame. Awesome frame, no doubt about it, superlight, stiff, strong, but not faster than a Soloist Team.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Last edited by: gerard: Sep 15, 05 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool looking bike. Not for me (internal cables, aero seatpost, integrated headset), but very cool.
Quote Reply

Prev Next