Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

One Legged Drill Cadence
Quote | Reply
Is there a convention? I like to maintain 90rpm when I train and tend to go close to 100rpm during century races (maybe I need to gear down). should the one-legged drill mimic the 90rpm cadence?
Quote Reply
Re: One Legged Drill Cadence [thunderoadie42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think whatever cadence allows there to be no dead spot is the correct one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW! 90 on a legged drill is way higher than I can maintain, but I'm old and slow. 'Coach Troy' has drill with higher cadence 75-80 if I remember and slower ones. I occasionally attend a cycling technique class at a local LBS and she has us doing 2 sets of 3-5 minutes each leg at higher resistance and lower cadence, like 45-50. (This comes after some spin ups to 120 and then 140 and before some tempo stuff.)

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: One Legged Drill Cadence [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woah, no, I mean 90 rpm as i chug along during a training ride or race using both legs!!

My question was: should I focus on more of a gear mash or a spin approach when doing one-legged drills?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We do about 10 mins of small ring at 80 rpm and then 10 mins of big ring at 60 rpm. I'm no coach, but I am getting stronger.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]woah, no, I mean 90 rpm as i chug along during a training ride or race using both legs!!

My question was: should I focus on more of a gear mash or a spin approach when doing one-legged drills?[/reply]

Troy and the coach at the LBS recommend concentrating on a smooth spin. Concentrate on the back half of your stroke, especially the hip flexors. Keep your stroke vertical, don't tilt your knee out to use your adductors.

If I'm using my tri-bike, I try to do them in aero for as long as I can bear, then the bullhorns and finally the tops of the bars. This may not be correct.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply