Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

stomach protrusion?????
Quote | Reply
I have been running for about 8 months and doing pretty well. I started training for a tri, no problems so far. Although, I have started to notice my stomach sticking out more and more. I haven't gained any weight or fat. I was wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen to them? I do have a slight sway back, is it possible for my spine to be pushing my organs forward? Thanks for any help ~heather
Quote Reply
Re: stomach protrusion????? [hangdogger512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upper stomach??? could be your lungs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you male or female? I looked and your name is "Andy," which is mildly ambiguous. Anyway, my fiancee was diagnosed with a mild form of ovarian cancer which had spawned a MONSTER tumor over a looong period of time. I'm talking half-deflated basketball size! And I just thought she had a little more cushion for the pushin' So, moral of the story, "get your ish checked out before it gets out of hand."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, a sway back (excessive lordotic curviture of the spine) will smoosh your abdominal cavity and it's contents out in front of you. Possible cause: Shortened/tight iliopsoas. Possible cure: stretch/lengthen iliopsoas and tone/flatten abdominals.
Quote Reply
Re: stomach protrusion????? [180cranks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the info. I am a female, posting under my boyfriends log-in. It is my lower abs that are pushing out. There isn't any pain involved, and I just got my COMPLETE physical 2 months ago. Does anyone think that Pilates would help? I am already doing Yoga 2x a week? ~heather
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is not stomach muscle bulk, how about seeing a doctor?
Quote Reply