Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Car vs. Bike Smackdown! Day 1 - Week 1 of 12
Quote | Reply
Today (in response to recent gas prices) began my 3 month challenge to put more miles on the bike than the car. This means commute, errands and everything previously done by car. The only caveat is I'm not counting my weekly long bike or other bike specific workouts that would not be done by auto anyway. This should keep it fair.

Based on weekly totals if the bike wins I pocket the money I would have spent on gas ($30). If the car wins, I fill up my buddy's 15.0 gallon tank.

32 miles - Bike 0 miles - Car

"I've learned the best things in life aren't things."
Quote Reply
Re: Car vs. Bike Smackdown! Day 1 - Week 1 of 12 [Tman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WASHINGTON!? I hope you have rain gear! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool. Keep it going.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Re: Car vs. Bike Smackdown! Day 1 - Week 1 of 12 [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but its a "dry" rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to factor in the extra money you're going to have to spend on food since all the riding is going to burn more calories! Best of luck!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Car vs. Bike Smackdown! Day 1 - Week 1 of 12 [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Be sure to factor in the extra money you're going to have to spend on food since all the riding is going to burn more calories! Best of luck!

Yep, people are always telling me that I must be saving a lot of money on gas and I've been telling them that I spend more on food. Which just points out that gas is still too cheap.

I figure that my emissions are still cleaner than a car's. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Car vs. Bike Smackdown! Day 1 - Week 1 of 12 [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Point Tribodyboarder! Is there a TSR for food?

Wait a minute...don't start FedXing me leftover meatloaf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet, Today is also my first week commuting. No contest or bets I'm just too cheap to pay $3/ gallon for anything I can't drink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but that equals the saving from the wear and tear on the car. Recent stats say up to .45 per mile!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

sweet man!

Are you equipped with panniers or a trailer?
I'm thinking of getting a trailer to make communting and errands easier. Right now, I just toss everything in a messenger bag but it blows for heavier loads.

CRC,
AzToaster
Quote Reply
Re: Car vs. Bike Smackdown! Day 1 - Week 1 of 12 [aztoaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running an old Klein Attitude Hardtail w/road slicks and a BOB Trailer. I've had the trailer for about 5 years now and haven't regretted the purchase. Great for everything from trail building, overnight trail adventures to commuting.
Quote Reply