Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

finally...
Quote | Reply
looks like we are finally going to break our string of 57 (i think that is what we are up to) straight days in the 90s in Orlando today - we only have a high of 86. It will be nice to finally get a workout done that the heat index is not over 100.

good luck to all with their late season races

1st ironman in 32 days

www.teamhendryx.com
Quote Reply
Re: finally... [runhappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you train in clermont? any idea what the water temp is there at lake minneola?
Quote Reply
Re: finally... [newtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do train in Clermont - soem of my trianing partners swam this weekend - said it was still pretty warm. I assume you are asking because of GFT - the last two years it has been wetsuit legal and the temps are lowering at night which will bring the lake temps down.

If I hear any exact temps I will let you know - but I would plan on a wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, i'm doing the florida challenge (1/2 IM) in Clermont. i was hoping for the wetsuits, but wanted to prepare myself just in case it wasn't. this is going to be my first 1/2 IM, so i'm a bundle of nerves and just trying to figure this stuff out. thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you will have such a great time - last year was my first half at GFT - it was a blast. the course is tough but fair and people are great.

have a great time - I will be out there cheering everyone on - not racing this year because my ironman is on 10/8

good luck and have fun (that is why we do this right - to have fun?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks! good luck on your IM! i'm nervous that i don't have the training under my belt, but i guess that all goes with the territory. in regards to "that is why we do this right - to have fun?" yes, either that or we are all just completely nuts! thanks for the info. how bad are the hills on the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the hills are not too bad - I rode the new course a few times - I think it is faster than last year - the first 20 miles you get some rollers - nothing huge - the next 30 or so are flat and fast (depending on wind, which is always true) then some of the hills are a little tougher - Sugarloaf is the bear - but managable. Do not forget - with up hills come down hills - time to recover.

the run is a little rolly in the first 6 miles - then flat for the remaining 7 around the lake

stay confident you will be great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, i really appreciate it. i was on target with my training until i got pretty sick a couple of weeks ago. i was pretty much knocked out for an entire week and then of course i was really weak for another week. so, i am a little nervous about my training, but just the end of last week into this week i'm starting to really feel strong again. i'm feeling like my body is really healthy again and i can go full steam ahead. just having 2 weeks were my workouts were basically shot or were struggles was really frustrating and disheartening and i almost scrapped the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah - think of it this way - you are on your way back to full strength - plenty of time to the race - and although you were sick you picked up a couple weeks of much needed rest - you will be stronger than ever. getting sick was just your body telling you to slow down a tad!

hopefully the temps will cooperate and not be too warm for your race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool. that's a good way to look at it. i'm just nervous, but i guess it would probably be a bad thing if i wasn't nervous! being from the midwest and being that it will be much cooler up here come october than down there, i'm a bit nervous about the heat, so hopefully it won't be too hot. however, i'm coming down a few days early, so that should help get me used to the heat a little bit, i hope! thanks again for the advice/words of encouragement. good luck with the IM!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good luck to you too

enjoy the experience!
Quote Reply