Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How can I find the most comfortable long-course bike? [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look for the recent thread on FitWerx, in Vermont, and then make your way to the most solid fitter you know in your area. (If you live within 8 hours of Vermont, you're a lucky guy - go to FitWerx!!) Have your fitter do it up right for you, and then ask which bike is best for you. What I learned from my sessions at FitWerx is that not all bikes are created equally for different people with different bodies and riding styles. It's almost like asking this same question for running shoes. I swear by DS Trainers VI and IX, but for a heavy pronator they would be a disaster. And I guess my P2K is great for me, but wouldn't necessarily be so for everybody else. It all starts with the fit.
Quote Reply
Re: How can I find the most comfortable long-course bike? [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I found the bike shop you are describing and they fit me well on my road bike. They are the ones adivising going with the basic tri bike and against a beam bike.

i wasn't referring to any specific shop, since i have no idea where you live. sore arms and traps during the extended ride sounded like a fit issue, not so much the bike material and frame design, though i could be wrong; perhaps your form not relaxed enough. sore butt could be a matter of not having built up enough tolerance from time in the saddle. though it could be just that the saddle is not right for you, and the most comfortable and absorbant bike out there won't make your arse feel any better if that is the case.

that said, i'd make sure you're satisfied that the shop is giving you a good reason not to go with the beam bike, such as it won't fit you well or some other clear cut reason.

EDIT - rereading your initial post, IMO i don't think the first reason is a good enough reason not to go with a softride. if the bike ends up fitting you perfectly, i think it outweighs the inconvenience, as well as the supposed flex in the beam throwing off you pedal stroke (unless you judge for yourself that it is that bad).
Last edited by: RSum716: Sep 6, 05 21:21
Quote Reply
Re: How can I find the most comfortable long-course bike? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I recently bought a Softride Rocket TT on Ebay. While being shipped to be it made it to a "FedEx Location" and never left. It would have been a great deal if I received it.[/reply]

BUMMER!!!!!!

[/reply] Now I need to look for another one. Are there Titanflexes on Ebay very often?[/reply]

Yo no se'. Buena suerte!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next