Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Re: Camelbak for RACING? [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Larry,

I consider that the Hydrapak Air Scoop is the best money I spent on equipment in a long time. I chose it because of the stiff frame and I have not been disappointed by the comfort or breathability. It is only 50 oz though.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that 50 oz is small for IM. I pretty much empty it for 1/2 IM. The thing is that refilling is not very easy (at least in a race condition; it lacks the easy refill option!). You may want to look at their bigger models even if that means giving up the stiff frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do my IM training with a Camelback Rocket, but I don't race with it. I really like it for training as it helps me reduce the number of water stops I have to make. For IM racing, I cna't see how it would help much as most every race has bottle hand-ups every 15 miles or so. I find it to be pretty comfortable, but I haven't tried any other hydration packs to compare it against.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Camelbak for RACING? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just got a hydropack air scoop. (just for mountain biking)

i'm trying to figure out the best place to run the feed hose. as you can run it through the bottom left or right side, or the top (up along the shoulder) like camelback. how do you guys run yours? or which do you like the best.

luke
Quote Reply
Re: Camelbak for RACING? [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I first ran it through the bottom right side, but finally settled for the right shoulder (and velcro it on the left of part of my chest)

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply