Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

After market insoles
Quote | Reply
I've started training for a fall marathon and am using the Asics Kayano XI's, I like the shoes but I'm not overly impressed with the insoles. I'm curious if anyone on Slowtwitch uses after market insoles? I have no stability problems and just thought some insoles with extra cushioning would be good on the knees. I'm 5'11" and 165 pounds. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: After market insoles [R1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you don't have stability issues but you use the Kayano? Is that not a stability shoe?

BTW, I use the Sole moldable insole in my xc ski boots and like them.

Kur

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have no stability problems, why are you running in the Kayanos? And if you need more cushioning than the Kayanos offer, that is maybe a tip that you need to change the way you run. Kayanos are like running around in a pair of Cadillacs -- big, heavy, plush...

That being said, Spenco insoles are quite nice for off-the-shelf ones.

But I'd look at your running technique first... Find a mirror (if you belong to a gym, the aerobics room is a good place), and watch how you run. A camcorder is also good, since then you can watch in slow-motion.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run in Asics Gel Landreth or GT2100. They are about the same shoe but the 2100 has some stability. I usually replace the stock insoles with a Sorbothane Ultra Sole. I like it because I am missing the medial cartilage meniscus on my right knee.and although I'm a slow runner, with the inserts I can continue to run without beating myself up.

Richard
Quote Reply