Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Always a brick
Quote | Reply
Due to some recent time constraints it looks like basically all of my weekly runs will be done as bricks during the week. Any thoughts on this being good, bad or stupid?

Kurt
Quote Reply
Re: Always a brick [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been doing this for the last month or so, with rare exception and for the same reason. Can't comment on effectiveness as I don't race again till next weekend, but I do feel a lot less like dying during the first mile. Doubt it helped my absolute stand alone run speed, but I feel like it will help me in tri's and hasn't done any damage. Not exactly scientific.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about we ask the question this way...

"Would we get the best results (i..e, most efficient) if we always trained by performing two or even all three events in order?"

One position could be that the answer is no, because by the time you get to the run each day, you won't be able to work on technique, or over-distance, or speed anywhere near as well as if you trained each one in isolation (i.e., with fresh legs).

Diablo-Avocado might argue the other side. Hey, we do triathlons, and training specificity is always the best.

So, the answer is probably some of both.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Always a brick [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 How about we ask the question this way...

Why are you asking running questions on a forum that is dedicated for Cervelo advertising, FIST promotion, and current Demerley affairs?

The main advantage in your training is that people who see you would think how fit you are, running afterwards, that us. So from a slowtwitch point of view - it is a great posing scheme.
Quote Reply
Re: Always a brick [Spin Doctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah and I ride a Calfee

So I am a poser
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calfee shows your good taste. Nothing to do with posing.
Just a highly developed sense of quality.

My point is - most people on this forum are more concerned with lifestyle then running. You are wasting your time asking such questions. Go to the Gordo forum or somewhere where people who actually train discuss issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the same (well 90% of my runs) as bricks for the first time this summer. I alternated going hard on the bike/easy run, easier bike/harder run. I have never felt better coming off of the bike that I have when racing this summer.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Always a brick [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replys. That is pretty much what I am having to do. Bike hard run easy then bike easy run hard.

Kurt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wtf?

dude, there are plenty of people on this forum talking about training. There are plenty of people on this forum winning races. there are also plenty of people on this forum who spend equal time on Gordo's forum. there are indeed some off topic discussions here, and just like everywhere in the world, there are some pricks and some people who don't get what it's really about, but why are you taking it so personally? esp. on this thread which actually was a legitimate training question with some legitimate training-related opinions offered as answers. based on your argument with Devil's Advocate on the saddle thread, my impression is that you're just really angry about something and taking it out on people on this board indiscriminantly. did i miss a key plot development spawning this rampage?
Quote Reply
Re: Always a brick [tri_antelope] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks atelope!

You relaxed me. I also had a risoto with mushrooms and I feel better now.

I have problems with my moods.

According to my doctor my diagnosis is of a moody bustard. But I stil think that diablo f**N avocado is a pain in the royal US of A.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad to hear you had some risotto. I also find it soothing from time to time. what else was in there besides the mushrooms, some saffron? a little sauvignon blanc??
Quote Reply