Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there's a lot open to interpretation on the rules.

That obviously is the case in this particular incident.

It might be the right thing to do if Tom's results were taken out of the points for the club competition.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears that the rules were followed for this event. So we can quit this thread. What I ask of anyone disagreeing with this rule, please let Mark Lulling know so we can possibly have it changed for 2006. I suggest the rules be changed to the 30 day rule.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think there's a lot open to interpretation on the rules. From your list of "a lot", name one thing that is against the stated rules of "must be a member of the club on race day"

That obviously is the case in this particular incident. Not obvious to Tom, myself, Tom's team, or the guy that enfoirces the rules.

It might be the right thing to do if Tom's results were taken out of the points for the club competition. Are you voluteering to be the guy who goes though all of the club rosters to makes sure that everyone else who is scored was a member for your arbitrary time period?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got no horse in this race. Just an outside observer. But if Tom doesn't care about his or the club's ranking why wouldn't he mind if the results were stricken from the results? He stated he was just there to do the race. Why would it be such a problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak for Tom, but could you take a crack at actually answering my questions?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would I need to go through the club rosters? I'm suggesting that only Tom's results be stricken.

In addition, there doesn't look to be a specific rules infraction in this case. The spirit of the rules appear to be broken...as Tom said he was an independant contractor. Does he plan on racing for Toledo in the future? How many times has he raced for them in the past? In addition, why did he decide to sign up the day before the race when he could've just raced solo?

If it's such a big deal why not just let the result go?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can't speak for Tom, but could you take a crack at actually answering my questions?

Styrrell
You don't hang out in the Lavender Room much, do you? :-)

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why would I need to go through the club rosters? I'm suggesting that only Tom's results be stricken. Because its non sensical to strick one person results when the same situation may occur for other clubs.
In addition, there doesn't look to be a specific rules infraction in this case. Hence let things stand The spirit of the rules appear to be broken...as Tom said he was an independant contractor. You would have to ask tom What he meant by that, but i think its an off hand remark. Does he plan on racing for Toledo in the future? Probably, he said he bought a skinsuit after the race. How many times has he raced for them in the past? Obviously never, but that isn't a requirement and again are you suggesting that tom is the only person who raced in this race for a new club? In addition, why did he decide to sign up the day before the race when he could've just raced solo? You'd have to ask tom, but i assume he raced as a team member to score points for his team.

If it's such a big deal why not just let the result go? Because he followed the rules and to go back a remove someone who followed rules for no reason, when he is probly not an isolated case is asinine.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [kestrelguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kestrelguy, when you contact Mark to complain, also offer to volunteer to run the Mideast Race Series. I like the quote from Theodore Roosevelt,

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..."

It sounds like Mark is doing a great job at a task that gets little glory.

Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [Owenmiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Owen - jacknuts, I suggest people contact Mark if they would like to see the rule changed. Not complain. MArk being the President has the ability to put the proposal to the Mid East board.

I spent alot of time this year running a tri-club, promoting the MERCRS series and trying to get club members down to Indy to compete. So in the spirit of your questioning, what have youd one lately?
Last edited by: kestrelguy: Aug 30, 05 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Thanks again for vistiting our fine city. Now, where's my bike?!

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [Owenmiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that people who can cause change should try to rather than complaining.

Kestrel it seems was suggesting exactly that - that people contact Mark and ask for a change. I don't think that one needs to be in a position to be a race director to suggest rule changes, especially when those suggesting the change are the participants. I do think that complainers in some instances should just not do a race if they do not like how it's run, rather than complaining about it, but this is a once a year championship event where there is no similar alternative. Of course, if the complainer is from California, Florida or some other state not close to Indiana, he can't organize the race anyway. Does that then mean he cannot be critical of potential rules violations?

http://thechuckblog.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kestrelguy, I volunteered with my triathlon club and I sat on the club's board in 2005. I also tried to get athletes to race in Indianapolis. I tried to look at the positives of the Mideast Race Series. I saw how our team worked together as a team. It was neat to see triathletes working together and not solely competing for themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Report: Mideast Regional Triathlon/Duathlon Championships, Indianapolis, Indiana 8/28. [kestrelguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jacknuts - that is funny shit - can I use that some time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Owen...

It's impossible to know if Kestrelguy volunteers at other races or the like nor does it matter.

He brought up a legitimate complaint and voiced it on this forum. The same as me...I saw a hole in the system and voiced it as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next