Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to live in Columbus OH for best cycling?
Quote | Reply
Thinking about moving to Columbus OH to be closer to family. Any thoughts on what part of Columbus would offer the best cycling?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to live in Columbus OH for best cycling? [wowkster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, the 2 hours south in the cincinnati area, would be good. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding me? cycling in columbus, OH. Who would want to move there? Winters are cold and grey, and snipers are always trying to shoot you in head. Not my cup of tea!

SW
Quote Reply
Re: Where to live in Columbus OH for best cycling? [swowk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have mainly ridden North, NE, and E of the city. There are unlimited rural roads all over the place. As far as specific places relatively close to downtown, if i was to move back there (my parents live in Central OH also) I would probably try to move just north of the 270 outerbelt along I-71 in either N. Franklin county or south Delaware county - towns such as Lewis Center, Delaware itself, or Polaris. There was just a half IM there a few weeks ago along a few of the roads around there and I believe (could be wrong though) that it was only one loop. Alum Creek Res. is also popular for open water swimming and there are a couple of metro parks within a 5 minute drive where you can do around 3-5 miles of trail running without doubling over an already used path.

However, yes the winter is no fun... If you have more questions I'll try to help out as best I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to live in Columbus OH for best cycling? [BMPtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like this poster said, north of 270 is a good location. Add to the list Westerville, Worthington, Dublin, and New Albany. The local Roadie racing club typcially meet in those areas as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to live in Columbus OH for best cycling? [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd give another vote for the western/northwestern areas. I rode all over that area although I lived in Arlington. With the traffic these days when I visit, I wouldn't want to live in Arlington because it's now 10-15 miles of congested narrow roads to get out into the countryside. The above-mentioned areas are all expensive though...or not depending on where you are moving from. Good luck!

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently live in Cbus, send me a private message if you want more info. As some posters have said the Northwest to Northeast section, probably has the most riders. Areas like Dublin, Powell, Hilliard, New Albany, Westerville......all are good, as there are groups that meet up in these areas, and you can get to country roads within a few miles. Although things are expanding rapidly and some roads which used to be "country" are getting more congested. There is a pretty talented group that ride from Dublin every Wed at 6 PM - that includes some semi-pros. Areas like Arlington, Grandview, German Village are nice if you like the "trendy" scene, but they are pretty congested areas, not conducive to good cycling. There are probably 7 to 8 good bike shops......pretty much every part of town has a decent bike shop. The park system here is great for running, there are 2 parks which feature nothing but dirt/grass trail running through some forest areas.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply