Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How would you run a poker game at your house? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you down in the Port Hueneme area now, or is this game up in the hills? Not looking to invite myself, but curious. Someone last weekend mentioned a rather large gathering and similar format.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, this seems to be the only thread from the start of the thread to present time that was related to setup/mechanics/hosting. Other keyword hits and poker related, but not as close - unless I missed something searching.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: How would you run a poker game at your house? [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No not in the Hueneme area anymore, south Orange County. I got a buddy that comes to the game from San Pedro, where are you living now??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Zombie poker thread, love it!!! So I have a new home game I go to every month now, guy hosts it in his garage. He can fit 3 tables in there and if the weather is good, a 4th outside the garage with the door open. We have had as many as 38 guys and gals, usually now it is 15 to 24 or so.

He started with a tournament in the beginning, then cash games as folks bust out. But it seems most the people like the cash games better, so it usually begins at 7pm with a one table tourney, then cash until 3. 4 or even 5am for some. I have not made it past 1;30 myself, but thus far have been a winner every time. Thing is these guys love to drink, so no matter how bad my beats are early, and they are when guys are so loose, towards midnight they are shoving in blind and bluffing like no tomorrow.

Last time though I had to get out of there before I made any big money though, usually the smokers go outside and have a pull, but they got so drunk that they just started smoking in the garage. It literally put me on tilt, and I had to leave quietly before I could land the big fish. Gonna have a talk to the host next time, but seem like just me and maybe one other dont smoke. Actually I think a lot of them dont smoke regularly, but once the good whisky gets passed around and all the choice wines and beers, they revert back to old school days when smoking was the cool thing to do..

So for me I really like and encouraged the guy to do a very short tourney and get straight to the cash games. $50 to $100 buy in, so not too bad, but one week I was up $800+ so it can get juicy for a home game...

Lol...almost my exact experience. ! From the regular garage games to the smoking that had me running for the door. I -and couple other dudes-bitched so loudly to host that he eventually banned smoking in garage and guys now have to step outside for smoke break. We just muck their hands while their out and keep playing .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oxnard

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: How would you run a poker game at your house? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
We used to play $10 per game. Winner takes all. Dole out 50 chips to everyone. Blinds start at 2 chips. Raise the blinds every 5 hands or so. Games don't last more than an hour.

This.
Quote Reply
Re: How would you run a poker game at your house? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We use one of those poker timer apps that keeps increasing the blinds pretty quickly. That really helps keep the pace up especially toward the end when there are only 2-3 people left. The blinds keep doubling every say 15 minutes.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: How would you run a poker game at your house? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When our group plays, you can buy back in once. Once you're out for good, you can either hang and watch or head out to the cigar patio. Usually what happens is that people stay and watch until there's a good enough group (3 or 4) to head to the patio. Getting from the final 4 to 3 can take a while, but who cares, as we're all shitfaced on the patio.
Quote Reply

Prev Next