Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Californiaman Course Change
Quote | Reply
Its now a two loop bike. Anyone familiar with the new bike route? Another thing I noticed. I thought they were offering a voucher to the following years race if you had to no show. Maybe I read it wrong. I was to surprised to see the refund deadline has already passed.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Californiaman Course Change [tri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really hope they get this squared away. I am not racing it - chose CDA instead - but I live in the Bay Area and it would be nice to have an Iron Distance race in the area.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: John A..... [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, you are nuts! Volunteering sounds like a plan. I will drop them an e-mail - unless I sign up for the 1/2. I was really looking for 6 weeks out, but 5 might work.
Quote Reply
Re: John A..... [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the new bike course is a little confusing. It seems simple enough looking at the map on their website, but trying to map it on Delorme was difficult. I came up with 90 miles but there are a number of places where I could have missed the extra miles. THe new course is also less total climbing, I had nearly 3000 feet over the 90 miles that I measured.

I have no doubt that J&A and Brad will put on a heck of a race and do it right, but I can tell you that the first thing that turned me away from considering this race was the $400 entry fee. Too high for a first time event that isn't a Ironman brand race. I hope the race is successful, I'd like to do it one year and would still consider it for 2004 if I come into a cash windfall.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply