Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Got my FSA compacts today...
Quote | Reply
I will be installing them tomorrow. How many links out of the chain should I pull out?

I'll give you a MOP'ers opinion on them after a couple rides.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Got my FSA compacts today... [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the chain on the big ring and small sprocket, your rear derr. cage wheels should be in a vertical line with one another. You probably don't need to take out any - maybe one.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my FSA compacts today... [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing I noticed is that they are much different in training than in racing. In training the speeds your riding vary much more than in training, and the speed is more often in the middle of the gear range rather than near the top-end. As a result, in training you end up double-shifting (front and rear derailleur at the same time) much more often than in racing due to the small overlap in gears in the middle of the range.

Other than that, microdrive rules: lighter, lower Q and less complicated than triples. I've always had a dislike for triples, hopefully they will be extinct in a few years.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Got my FSA compacts today... [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be interested in your opinion of the new FSA after you ride it. I am interested in getting one....

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Got my FSA compacts today... [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends a bit on if he got the 52/36 combo or the 50/34. If he used a 53 before and now goes to the 50, then the chain should definitely be shortened.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply