Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boston Marathon accomodations
Quote | Reply
My wife has qualified to run Boston next year and we are looking at accomodations. It seems none of the hotels have that weekend available right now. Are all these rooms only available through Marathon Travel? What have others done? Suggestions? Thanks.

------------------------------------------------
Fight............Finish
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Marathon accomodations [Digger262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check craigslist. I have heard that a lot of locals rent rooms out for the marathon. I don't know if people will be posting for next year just yet, but you will at least get an idea of what's out there.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at my parent's house.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stay at the Days Inn in Boston. You have to drive into town to hit the expo, but it's a hell of alot cheaper than anything around town. They also run buses to the starting line on race day morning. Keep in mind that Sunday before is Easter Sunday... Good luck to her - is it her first Boston? It's a TON of fun - second only to an IM!!!

K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are smart, then stay out near the start. there are several hotels in Milford Mass, just 5 min from the start. Sleep in till 9 am, have a late breakfast at 9:30, head to the start at 10 am. Much more civilized than having to get up at 5 am and sitting on a bus for 3 hours to get to the start of a race that does not start till noon. Also much cheaper !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Digger262, I sent you a private message with my contact information;
-lewis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look into places around Burlington or Woburn. These are an easy 20-minute early morning drive to Boston Common for the shuttle, or if you are driving her to Hopkinton, it's probably 30-35 minutes. Rates are reasonable out there in the near-burbs, and ther are no minimum stay gougings.
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Marathon accomodations [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want a stress free race morning, stay in a hotel close to the "T" (subway). You have to load on buses to the start, and they are all parked right at one of the "T" stops. Twice I've stayed at the Sheraton Commander in Harvard Square - I prefer to be away from all the uptight hoopla and crowds, and I love the college environment of Harvard Square. I also like the variety of restaurants there. Race morning I walk 3 minutes to the T, ride about 9 minutes to the buses. After the race, duck in the first T stop and and it's an even shorter walk than many of the hotels near the finish.
Last edited by: VM: Aug 18, 05 22:01
Quote Reply