Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why only one post from Steve?
Quote | Reply
I thought he did a nice job at writing his one post, but why only one post. Does he lurk here? Why post that particular one here if he doesn't participate in the discussion? Did he do the same at the Trinewbies site? More participation here in Slowtwitch might make his position more reasonable to me at least, but why did he post here in the first place?

Come on Steve, join the Peaceful Tribe, even though it's not always so "peaceful" :)

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look when he registered champ

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [tedspace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably registered here because someone he knows and respects - pointed out that he was getting bashed to death - so he simply came in to set things straight.

Admirable in my books
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say something well, you don't have to say it again.
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats initially what i thought. One thing i found is someone like that has accomplished alot more than alot of the other people on this forum. And yet these people just insult and insult and it doesnt stop. Like in the overrate athlete post. I kinda felt bad for the guy. Anyways, he's racing for an awesome cause right now and i respect him for doing it, so best of luck to him, it takes a great person to commit to all that he is doing right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I really don't care one way or another whether the guy competes in Kona or not, I did find it interesting that he didn't address the fact that he gained entry into the qualifying event after registration had closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for that race, they took everyone on the waiting list. Everyone that wanted to race got a chance to race.
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was addressed by Dave from vineman. Why do people always jump to the half empty without the data. Is this how you would like to be treated?

If not, think what the other human is feeling before you go on the attack.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you paid attention to the numerous other threds, some friends of his, as well as his wife previously posted as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NA, some people just love to attack others. So easy to do on the internet. Makes some feel so powerful. :o) The best talk by their results, others try to make results by their talk.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I call him a jerk? Did I say he shouldn't be going? I just said it was interesting that he didn't address that point in his post. Gee, I'm sorry I missed a post in a thread. How many are posted in a single day?

I didn't think I was on the attack. But then again, tone is set by the reader... So what ever "attack" was read in by you. Guess that's your mindset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why only one post? Did you really ask that?

Uhh, maybe he has a life? Better things to do than entertain the clique on Slowtwitch?

Perhaps there is a lot more to learn from Mr Larsen than training and technique

--------------------------------------

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is similar to Desiree Ficker coming on for one post to defend herself for having to walk at IMLP.

It really doesn't speak well for our little community here that we engage in full-scale attacks on the elites that eventually prompt them to sign on and explain themselves.

One post from Larsen, one from Ficker -- yes, I'd say they have far better things to do than hang around here. (I, on the other hand....)
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep. I like drag racing, and there's a site with a board like this , a lot of drivers participated in the early days of it.

that didn't last long. too many jealous envious people slammed them so much they either went away or began posting anonymously.

but I've heard most of them won't even read the board anymore.

That could happen here. Be glad that right now Steve Larsen cared enough to post once.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That self described "Peaceful Tribe"?

Yes, maybe..., but only to the 'in' crowd.

If you aren't one of the 'in' crowd around here? It's not a warm and fuzzy place.

--------------------------------------

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Why only one post from Steve? [RichardS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not quite sure who is in the 'in crowd' or not, but i do agree with you that this is not a 'warm and fuzzy' place. jeez, even the administrator of this site has occasionally taken time out of his busy day to throw out a few insults willy nilly. and people osbserve, and people emulate. and then things take on a life of their own...

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg X: Aug 17, 05 8:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably because he has a life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I thought he did a nice job at writing his one post, but why only one post. Does he lurk here? Why post that particular one here if he doesn't participate in the discussion? Did he do the same at the Trinewbies site? More participation here in Slowtwitch might make his position more reasonable to me at least, but why did he post here in the first place?

Come on Steve, join the Peaceful Tribe, even though it's not always so "peaceful" :)

Chris[/reply]

I dont blame him for not responding to some of the ridiculous posts. I think he deserves a lot of credit for posting in the first place, he didnt have to do that.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply