Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need help with my new computrainer
Quote | Reply
Just got this thing, but a lack of computer literacy is proving to be problematic, and the racermate people haven't had time to talk to me about it yet. It's up and running, and everything works fine EXCEPT the user information line on the 3d program (the h.r., speed, rpms, power, etc.) just gives me jumbled characters on top of each other when I start to pedal. This is true for both me and the pacer. I suspect the computer can't keep up with the information going in, though the 3d animation seems fine. I have a brand new dell 2350, with a pentium 4. The graphics "stuff" is an "Integrated Intel 3d AGP", which sounded like plenty based upon the computrainer literature. I'm hoping I just need to change a setting. The PC-1 software works fine, but I obviously want the bang for my buck with the 3d. Any suggestions?

Thanks!! THN
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with my new computrainer [thn30] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The software actually needs very little hardware to run it by todays standards. There should not be a problem there if you have a new dell.

Try changing the resolution of your screen. If you don't know how to do that, right click on the desktop and click on properties. Try something like 800x600. Make sure you don't have that setting that gives you extra large fonts.
Also, try running the program in window mode rather than fullscreen (I think it is the F12 button)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing's gonna work. You'll hear from the guys at CompuTrainer soon, and they will tell you that the graphics chip you have doesn't work with CT (it's an Intel 845G, I betcha). I mean, it works, but as you have seen the data line is screwed. The engineers at Intel are supposedly working on new drivers to fix the problem. I have CT for about 1.5 months. Right around Christmas, the guys at Intel finally stopped telling me to download their latest drivers and admitted they have a problem. CT tech support tells me they have several users with this problem now.

Do us all a favor and go to the Intel web site and fire off a description of your problem. The more users they have with a problem, the more quickly they will fix the problem. I know Roger with CT tech support has been emailing them from time to time.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help with my new computrainer [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Mike, You're right. Just spoke to Roger, and this chip (82845G) has this problem, and also a problem with the rider graphic on the course profile. He's been communicating with Intel about it at the following address: graphics@mailbox.cps.intel.com Re: intel 82845g w/ computrainer 3d. I'm going to send them an email as you recommend. Intel tells Roger that the data bar problem has been fixed, and they'll release a new driver soon (within a week or so), but they haven't yet fixed the rider graphic on the course profile. This bites, as I bought the Dell at the same time I bought the Computrainer thinking that I would have the newest of everything, and it should all work together. Thanks for the input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear they are close to a fix. I think the data bar is alot more important than the locator. FWIW, I've just been using the 2D version and have been perfectly satisfied with it. If I had it to do over again, I might have just saved the approx. $200. Oh yeah, I bought the new computer at the same time as the CT also.
Quote Reply