Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR.
Quote | Reply
I appreciate everyone's generosity but would like to not have him with a pile of gear that a peloton couldn't move. If you have stuff to give please check the list first. Please don't duplicate stuff unneccesarily. Consider donating some items to TSR, I have seen a couple of posts for commuter stuff recently.

My list

Tent

Sleeping bag

Sleeping pad

Headlamp

Leatherman tool

Front handle bar bag

A couple of long sleeve shirts

Small first aid kit

Please add you items.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My list:

All are nearly new or in great condition.

nearly new helmet
long sleeve cycling jersey
front (to be seen) light
rear flashing light
AAA batteries for lights
bicycle lock (coated thick steel cable Kryptonite)
nearly new shoes
reflectors
sunglasses (Smith&Wesson safety type): Mirror, amber, yellow, and clear/smoke

I'd like to get confirmation on his sizes, especially helmet size (I have a few) and shoes. I don't know what kind of pedals he uses, but I do have a pair of SPD single sided entry available.
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...oh and a floor pump if he needs one (Joe Blow)
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [thunderoadie42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try pming oneforty.6, or kittycat for size. I don't have his phone number.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
size Medium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put 2 pannier bags, a small handlebar bag, a small seat bag, and a rain jacket in the mail this morning to Andrew, should arrive in 2-3 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I assume you meant the helmet. Thats cool, I have a large that runs small, it should work. Any idea on the shoe size?
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [thunderoadie42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't know about shoe size and am not sure if the bike will have clipless. i will check in with him on these two things and report back.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well like I said I have a set of SPD clipless pedals thats his if he wants them. I'll have to see if my shoes are 3-bolt or SPD only when I get home from work. But its cool if he just wants the shoes or pedals, or both.. whatever I can do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saweet. i've got an email out to him. it could be the local bike shop ponnied up this stuff. i'll be back to you as soon as i hear from him. also, i'm sure we'll talk by phone tonight at the least. so i'll ask him then if i don't hear back via email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim..

wanted to keep the care package light (Andrew please let me know when you get it the mailperson said 2-3 days). I didn't know his size so instead included some neccessities (band-aids/spenco blister protection products) and the only thing I probably wouldn't want duplicated for him.. a very small radio that has a light on it and a compass.

I have some extra bike gear if he needs something. Pretty sure I have some shoes and LOOK pedals. If he needs more lights, please let me know.

If you need more jerseys, let me know his size.

If he is camping..does he need a blanket/sheet set? If you speak to him, and you need something..please post it. I have tons of gear and would be happy to send more.

Thanks for getting this moving KC/140.6/Jim!
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His size is medium, I'm waiting to here back on anything we still need. We are not the only ones reaching out to him.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim..do you know shoe size? I have several pairs of bike shoes and would be more than happy to send a pair. Think I have some Carnacs (39 and 40 oh crap are they 42?) they are set up for speedplay. I think any jersey I have is large the small tanks are too feminine--will check my back closet tonight.

I finally got around to reading the story today and it crushed my heart. Maurice is simply amazing.

Called my sister today when I was shipping out the little package and told her I thought about 2k was raised, she said she got goosebumps. I just hope it is enough to give Maurice back his piece of mind.

Perhaps with him receiving this help, maybe there can be a few less camping spots along his journey (although I have a feeling that is what he likes about it!) and a few more warm homes and cooked meals for this man. His journey is amazing--I would love to be able to sit down to dinner with this man and hear all about his travels.
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoe size is something Kittycat is supposed to ask tonight. we are not even certain if he is using bike shoes, lots of people touring use toe straps. As far as camping goes, I agree I think he likes it, every time kc pm's me she says something about how excited he is for the camping gear. And I too would love to buy him dinner and hear of his travels.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he does not use clips, and said that he spends alot of time in sport sandals. the bike he will be getting will have the appropriate peddals for him, and he is covered on that end!

Thanks though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the town of Saskatoon, Wal-Mart ponnied up a certificate for him to buy some clothes. so, he spent alot of yesterday shopping for some clothes and getting some extras.

At this point, the camping gear is covered, the panniers/handlebar bag/rainjacket covered, bike (peddals) are all covered. i did ask him about a helmet, he did not respond--which makes me think he has that covered...i think the local bike shop there ponnied up a helmet.

So, at this point-everyone has done a good job of getting stuff together. The gear combined with the funds should have him in a decent position. he is quite anxious to get moving and hopes to do so within 3 days. he was talking about how he can't wait to be in the wind on his bike :)

the one thing he may not have thought of is the radio, with a light and compass. this is a good idea and he could really enjoy having that. if you're still interested in sending that, please mail it off right away so that he can get before he takes off again. :) it can be sent to Andrew's listed address.

many thanks all!!

Oh, and BTW--after I did the televised interview, a few people from Canada logged in and actually donated money. So, it was worth it!

kittycat
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 11, 05 4:43
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to a CBC article about Maurice that's on their news website:

http://www.cbc.ca/...d-cyclist050810.html

Apparently, we're a "triathletes' group from Cincinatti, Ohio"! :)

Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah know--I must have said, "an online triathlete discussion board called Slowtwitch" a thousand times. people heard it though, because there were some canadians that registered on here and donated funds. it's not all a loss! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where and when was your interview aired? I didn't see it here in Toronto.

D.
Quote Reply
Re: Maurice's rescue package gear list. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SENDING GEAR. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all i know it that it went live around 2:20 EST, was about 3-5 minutes in length, and was on the CBC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks KC, you did a wonderful job. I am going to start a "well wishes for Maurice" thread. Then Andrew can print it off to send with the gear.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coolio!
Quote Reply