Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for 1993 Kona results
Quote | Reply
I'd love to find a copy of the 1993 IMH results with splits. After spending way too long with Google this morning I decided to ask here.

I've found results back to 1996 but no earlier.

Thanks for looking,

SciGuy

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for 1993 Kona results [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the top 15 male and female from xtri.com

http://www.xtri.com/...d=imhi&year=1993

wow, they were freaking fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for 1993 Kona results [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
was that the same bike course as it is now? smokin fast bike splits..

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fiddlesandbikes,

Good job searching but I'm really looking for results from a large contingent of local triathletes we sent over that year. They finished in from ~10 hours to 15 hours time.

Thanks for looking.....bet someone has the info an a web page I haven't found yet.

SciGuy

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for 1993 Kona results [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
was that the same bike course as it is now? smokin fast bike splits..

Nope, the bike start and finish have changed a few times in recent years, although the bulk of it is still the same (up the Queen K to the turnaround at Hawi, back down the Queen K).

In '93 T2 was still at the Kona Surf Hotel (I believe that was the name back then, I think it changed to the Keahou Kona Resort) in Keahou and the run started with an uphill slog out of the hotel grounds, then took a right turn on Alii and you had to run down into the infamous "Pit" before turning around and running back UP. That was still the layout in '98 when I did the race the first time, and it's a fairly foul way to start an Ironman marathon! :D But of course, that was part of the fun...ouch!

TriBaby
"The rule is, jam yesterday, and jam tomorrow, but NEVER jam today." ---The White Queen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was one of the deepest most, competitive and fastest overall IMH races of all time. Check the times. I rode a 5:00 flat bike split that day and was not even in the top 100 bike splits! Part of it had to do with the conditions. It does not get "better" than that in Kona - almost zero wind on the bike. A little rain out near Hawi and then some cloud on the run. Conditions change from year to year, but that year my final time was 9:45( after a big blow-up on the run) and I finished in 200th place. In many recent years, that sort of time would have had me in the top 100, which is what my goal was in '93. Ahh the good old days!!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for 1993 Kona results [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be sure. Stadler's "dominating" performance from last year would have netted him 10th in 1993.
Quote Reply