Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ironman events in europe
Quote | Reply
Hi,

As part of a charity fund raiser for a local childrens hospital two of us are considering doing the six ironman registered events in europe in 2006. (I feel I owe a lot to this hospital for the work they did when my child was there - so trying to raise a stack of money for them)These events run from May 18th with Lanzarote through to Ironman UK in mid -august.

Can I ask if this would be too much on the body or is it doable if you just plan to finish them all. Mostly concerned from a health perspective. The mental side doesnt bother me.

I know this pales into comparison alongside decaironmans etc.

My histopry is that I am a 3 time ironman finisher at the 12hr 30 mins mark.

Thank you

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: ironman events in europe [delboy223] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say no way. This would be havic on your immune system and who knows what other injuires you would walk away with. You posted in 2003 that you were doing your first ironman in 10 weeks and then again in 2005 that you were doing your first ironman in 10 weeks..thas kind of conflicting. That combined with a 3 month euro "fundraiser"? Something dont smell right..how will you afford 6 entry fees and 3 months in europe when....

"I dont have big bucks but am a bit scared because the only bike I can afford is in the 600 bucks range with Shaimano Sora or equivalent Compagnolo group set. Is this ok as I dont want to get sucked into spending 2000k on a bike."
Quote Reply
Re: ironman events in europe [Niles Standish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good work Niles!. Are you a professional detective or do you just play one on the internet?

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Niles,

Sorry. you are correct. I did say in 2003 that I was doing the first ironman in 10 weeks which I did. I did say again in 2005 that I was doing first ironman in July. However I did not say in I was doing this in 10 weeks the second time.

However you are correct it was a mistake. What I meant to say was that it was my first one in 2005 as I was doing two that year. Although at that stage I was not sure what two to do. It ended up being austria and lanzarote.

Apologies for the mstake. Not trying to be cute, or be sly or untruthful. Purely a mistake.

with regards to the fares I will pay myself nobiody will pay for them.

This is not a way to get money of anybody to pay for these fares/races.

Hope I clarified myself above and apologised for the confusion.

Regards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Niles,

Also just to answer your last part of the question - u will see that I did splash out on the bike in the end in 2005 - bought P2SL from racycles with Mavic Kysriums.

In the pace of two years my financial position has changed - not rich just a bit more conmfortakle.

Again just trying to clarify myself here as m,y prevuious posts were confusing. I just wanted to know wheter it was doable.

regards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sure is doable. Is it for you? that I dont know. I know some people who does 52 IM in one year or something like that. They do double and triple IM so they can skip a week or two!

You might not need to put the challenge that hard to raise funds...

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fillippo from Italy (http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?username=Filippo;) did Lanzarote, France, Roth and Siwtzerland in 2004.

An this year he did again more than one IM. Ask him for more info.

But IM Germany 06 is already full. Probably you can still get a spot if you explain you cause.

I think you can finish all 6 IMs. But you will walk many marathons. And for your health its is probably not the best option.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply