Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

specialized transition
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there have one of these, and if so where did you get it, how do you like it etc

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [dobler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend had one...it was his first bike and he loved it. I'm not sure where he bought it though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pluto has one. PM him/her with questions.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. I love it. I got it at B&L in San Diego. What more do you want to know? I have no complaints at all with it. I've seen a couple other people with them, and they agreed with liking it too.

harp
Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [harp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which one? The pricier S Works or one of the others? I can't afford the S Works but the Elite looks like a good buy in a pretty competive $1,300 to $1,700 price point range.

Sure it's funny till somebody gets hurt...then it's hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [duathlete68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the comp. I have heard conflicting statements whether the comp and S-works have the same frame, which is a little lighter than the other frames. Either way, I dont care that much. The S-works is obviously tricked out more with wheels and group. I was really impressed with the comp's components for the price, however. You can check out the details on their website.

The most important factor though: I personally wouldn't buy a light blue bike, which is the only color the elite comes in. I really dig the polished aluminum finish of the comp--even moreso that the S-works.

Notably, they stopped making the aero seatpost. Apparently, it was a safety issue. I was sorta disappointed, but whatever. I have a round alu Thompson post.

harp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Transition Comp and love it! I have the XXL size and, from what I can tell, it is quite light. The component package for the price is very good. I would recommend it to anyone. I also like the feel of the carbon fork. It's been a great bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Comp looks awesome but out of my range too. The light blue paint job on the Elite wouldn't be my first choice either but the specs are fine for my needs.

I love my hardtail Stumpjumper and it's only about $1,200. Apples and Oranges, but Specialized does make great bikes at competitive prices. Thanks.

Sure it's funny till somebody gets hurt...then it's hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [duathlete68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so what is the difference bewteen the Transition and the Allez Comp. I love my Allez..
Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [ironotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a Transition Multi-Sport. It's a n00b bike and I'm not impressed with its performance. It's guaranteed that I will NOT be going back to the same LBS for my second bike (great people but not really looking out for your own best needs).

As for the bike itself, it's a beginner's bike in the strictest sense. If you are a beginner to any form of endurance sports, it's an ok bike. Personally, I would have gone with a Cervelo if I did any semblance of research prior to buying my bike. Transition MS is a bit heavy and the components are so standard, it's boring. If there is anything good to say about it: I do like the training tires it comes with
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, both Peter Reid and myself have a Transition S Works. He uses his to win Kona. I use mine for commuting (fast) to work - 35 miles everyday on a flat path.

This year I smashed all my TT PBs, fantastic bike.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<Notably, they stopped making the aero seatpost. Apparently, it was a safety issue. I was sorta disappointed, but whatever. I have a round alu Thompson post.>>

No, they fixed the problem, and two months after I got mine, they sent the LBS a new aero seatpost for me to collect. Now I have two seatposts (only one on the bike).
The aero one has the same shape as th frame and totally changed the style - it looks superb - more like a mast, than a seat pillar.

Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one. I have the Transition Multisport though which is really a road bike with aerobars. Upgraded the front derailleur to Ultegra (it was a freebie due to a slightly scratched frame) and got it at...flamers get ready...Supergo.
Since it's my first road bike since I was a kid (the 70's), I love it. Have nothing to compare it to other than the Scattante R550 that I owned for all of 48 hours and didn't like the fit of.
My only complaint with the bike so far is the fact that I've had 5 flats in 2 months on that thing (two on this morning's ride). Gotta get better tires!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: specialized transition [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when did you get the new post?

The story when i bought the bike was that they were going to eventually replace the seatpost with an aero one, but then I called about a month ago they (specialized) said they stopped making the aero post.

harp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One month ago. It was waiting for me at the LBS.

Quote Reply