Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WEB SITES
Quote | Reply
Can I get a "decent" web site to stream video for $500????? I am a Mac editor and have tons of tri and adventure racing video that I'd like to host, but my current ISP makes it about as easy as qualifying for Kona. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: WEB SITES [kml] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you looked .mac?
Quote Reply
Re: WEB SITES [jman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, thought of that right after the post. It appears that .mac is geared more towards pix vice video, and the use limits (in bytes) would probably not be sufficient. I am looking into it further and will do their 90 day free test if nothing better comes along. I was thumbing through an E-video book where they suggest that linking to other sites that have huge bandwith capabilities is an option. So now, we're asking these questions:
1) Any STers have a .mac site? And how is it?
2) Any Sters have available bandwith to rent? And how much?

Thanks jman
Quote Reply
Re: WEB SITES [kml] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much bandwidth do you need?

----
Don't hold back
Last edited by: jtaylor1024: Aug 9, 05 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: WEB SITES [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the big question, because I don't know. My DVDs are compressed 5:1 WAY too big for web use, and I haven't had the time (hence this post) to research codecs, compression, buffers, streaming, all the stuff that makes this happen. I was just tipped to a VERY cool site that streams some video, similiar to what I have in mind, www.bauertrinews.com. What I guess I'm after is a partner who knows the tech side and I would produce and provide multi-sport video as content.
Quote Reply