Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Length of valve extender needed for tubulars on Z606
Quote | Reply
I'd rather not use the Zipp extenders since I hear there are better (metal) extenders out there. What lengths am I going to need for the 404 front, 808 rear combo?

Thanks!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Length of valve extender needed for tubulars on Z606 [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got tired of the extenders with my 404's. Bicycle ranch has tubes with 80mm valves. It's awesome, I would try that. My take on it...
Quote Reply
Re: Length of valve extender needed for tubulars on Z606 [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but... tubulars.

When I was going w/ clinchers, I had figured the 80mm tubes were the ultimate solution.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Length of valve extender needed for tubulars on Z606 [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Tufo extenders are great. A 40mm + 28mm works great for the 808. The 40mm is fine for the 404, but for your spare, I'd go with the 40+28 as it will work fine on the 404, just be a bit long.

You can get them at TriSports.com: http://www.trisports.com/devaex.html

I use some Teflon paste on the threads, but the extenders do have an o-ring. I figure better safe than sorry...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 606's came with Zipp valve extensions, they are black, aluminium, and have Zipp laster etched in them, quite nice.
Quote Reply