Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Atomic man
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this race and how was it. Not much info on the website. So far only about 20 people signed up which makes me wonder.
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic man [dogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Atomic Man half this weekend. I think the best way to describe it would be to think of a time when you were kicked in the nuts real hard. Then have that same feeling repeated over and over and over for hour after hour after hour!

The course is very hilly. There were even hills in the swim! I decided to do this just 4 days before the event, so I wasn't prepared. I thought I could wing it with just base training. I was wrong. If you look at the results, you will see how tough it was. I would do it again though. It's a real good challenge, but don't expect anything close to a PR!
Last edited by: BeeHunter: Sep 27, 05 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic man [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, maybe next year I will feel like being kicked (again and again)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it 2 years ago......very hilly.........ok race.....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it too, and like they said, don't expect a PR. But what a fantastic race, great location, great support.

Very very hilly. I recommend it heartily.
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic man [Mr Pibb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want a PR go to Florida, Indiana or somewhere you know it will be flat. If you want a fun 1/2 Iron then this is a good race. Yes, very hilly for those not accustomed to East Tennessee but it's a beautiful course, well supported and makes for a great story when people ask what your last 1/2 Iron was like. The last 3/4 of mile on the run course does feel like a swift kick in the family jewels but aren't you supposed to hurt when you race??? Anyway, wear a 'cup' and find out what all the hype is about, this race promises to delight you senses.

Check out the results at http://www.racedayevents.net/ and their local tri forum here http://knoxtri.proboards38.com/index.cgi
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic man [SSTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with SSTri. I live in Knoxville and train on this course all the time. But that does not make it any easier. It just gives me the advantage...or disadvantage of knowing what is coming up. I could ride this course every day and it would never get easier.

If you are doing this sport because it is easy, than I think you would be reading over on TNO :). I got my azz handed to me on Sunday, and I still hurt today.
Quote Reply
Re: Atomic man [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live w/in 15 miles of the race and must say it is a great experience. For those looking for a tough 1/2 IM to end the season with on a beautiful course then this race is it. It is easy to get to and inexpensive too. It's not a PR course but who cares, this course and race has a uniqueness that often lacks in other races. Next year for those on the bubble then I'd say give this race a chance.
Quote Reply