Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sosenka's hour record routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day
Quote | Reply
So, anyone want to comment on this "performance enhancing" pre race routine?

Czech cyclist sets world record "Prior to the world-record challenge, Sosenka decided to follow a strict routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day, and he switched off his cell phone a couple of days before the race. "

http://cbw.cz/phprs/2005072523.html

Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Jul 28, 05 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: Sosenka's hour record routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My kind of guy! (about the three beer maximum). I don't know if I like the no sex part... but I guess you could use the built up frustration to your advantage, let it all out on the track...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Sosenka's hour record routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the swim team in college we would always debate when we were tapering whether or not to "save up." It seemed the team was always split down the middle. There was the camp that said, "you have to save your legs." One guy on our team claimed that he had the best race of his life after "releasing" 30 minutes prior. I think the answer is very much like the way you setup your bike: if you are convinced doing something will make you faster, then do it because so much of racing is mental.
Quote Reply
Re: Sosenka's hour record routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure I want to know how to "do this 30 minutes prior", unless one was to bring a support crew of sorts

ummmm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is why i kept it vague...it open for interpretation.

by the way, i thought i saw you mention in a post that you would be working with one of floyd landis' coaches. it wouldn't happen to be robbie ventura would it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all the swimmers I knew/coached that went to swim in college basically said the swim team was a self contained co-ed support crew.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Sosenka's hour record routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn, to be 21 again

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I'm only 19, what should I do when I get to 21?!
And if you tell me to sleep with the women's swim team, well you'll have to convince me that mannish shoulders are sexy.
Last edited by: Sean-Calgary: Jul 28, 05 23:30
Quote Reply
Re: Sosenka's hour record routine – no sex, no more than three beers per day [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]all the swimmers I knew/coached that went to swim in college basically said the swim team was a self contained co-ed support crew.[/reply]

Dammit - I knew I was wasting my time out on the lacrosse pitch!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply