Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Am I sitting wrong?
Quote | Reply
I'm talking about when in the aerobars of course. With a ~14cm drop.
Darn close to 90 degrees at the elbows, quite comfy there.
Now, the back end...
Pelvis rolled forward. No weight on the sit bones. I'm all on the skinny part of the saddle really, but not way out on the rivet. So, I could slide a bit further forward, maybe, and get out where it is most narrow.

Chaffing raw at the inside crease at the top of the inner leg - the sides of the taint. One side a bit worse than the other.

Saddle is all the way forward, nose ~3.5cm forward of center of BB. Angled slightly down and off center away from the joystick.

Do I need to try lowering the saddle and sitting back further on it, get the sit bones into it? Or, just keep searching for the right saddle/short combo, a process which I am years into? Something else to try?

Currently on an SLR, was hoping a skinny nosed job would help. Previously an aspide tri, before that a stock QR with a cover.

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I sitting wrong? [Spinmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found that some of my trishorts have the edge of the chamois right in that exact location. I'm considering adding a little 100 wt polartek to extend the chamois up the sides. Meanwhile, I use a QR saddle cover and grease the hell out of everything ddddown there.

but, I have no idea if that is your problem.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I sitting wrong? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you may want to try levelling the saddle, or even having it tilt just very slightly up. I have the same drop as you, and the same saddle (much farther back, though). Having a very slight tilt up seems to keep me on the wider part of the SLR, whereas having it nose-down, I slide forward constantly, making things...uncomfortable.
May or may not work for you, but worth trying??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Roady has some logic here. Try leveling the saddle.

Additioanlly, Not sure if your seat is too high, but that MAY be the reason that you have more weight on your taint and not you sit bones.

I had an SLR, but found the edges of that saddle cut into me, changed to an Fizik Arione, and have never been more comfy.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Am I sitting wrong? [jmhtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may yet go for the arione, could well be the edges thing. Will try upping the nose first.

I'm hearing you and roady as saying that you have at least some weight on the sit bones, at the wider part of the saddle?

Is this how most folks ride?

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Arione Tri that I am getting rid of for a reasonable price, if you're interested. 2 months use. VERY nice saddle, but I found that it didn't quite work for me...that I am better off with the SLR I have used for several years...Mileage definitely varies on saddles...the Arione may work for you. PM me if you are interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got more comfortable when I leveled my saddle and brought it more forward. I went from sitting on my taint on the tip of the saddle to more evenly distributing my weight. I have seen some guys -Olaf for instance-- on a very steep angle, maybe close to 80 degrees-- that have their saddles pointing slightly up.

What makes you comfortable in the saddle is going to be different from what makes the next guy comfortable.

It takes some time to find the right combination of saddle, fore aft posistion, and saddle angle. Once you do, you should be able to ride IM distance in tri shorts without chaffing or discomfort.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply