Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where is Mr A Coggan??
Quote | Reply
He leave us, fed up with argument with F Day and PCers???

Re: Where is Mr A Coggan?? [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He leave us, fed up with argument with F Day and PCers???
I wouldn't be surprised. It seems that if Andrew can't find it in a published peer reviewed research paper then it doesn't exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Mr A Coggan?? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn, I liked that guy. He was OK. smart guy.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Mr A Coggan?? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Darn, I liked that guy. He was OK. smart guy."

Never said he wasn't. It's nothing personal, but some of his his posts do remind me of some of my ivory tower profs at grad school.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always use to read his post (on the old board he was easy to spot) b/c he gave a different view, and he could back it up. After all there are always post about independent testing of bikes and bike reviews, guess he takes the same approach to sports science and performance!

Quote | Reply
not all prof. in grad schools are like that you know...

you'd be surprised if you saw me :-)
Quote Reply
Coggan [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I wish he'd come back too. I don't even play a physiologist on slowtwitch, so I don't know enough to form a definitive decision on the debates in which Cogga/i/n (his "give me an 'A' subject header was inspired) engaged, but his views were educational. Somebody who knows him send him an email and tell him to get back over here. We'll negotiate some sort of ceasefire, or at least mutually assured destruction, between him and Frank if necessary.

For that matter, Francois, you've been pretty shy lately. Thought the coyotes might have got you.
Quote Reply
Re: Coggan [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
busy is more accurate...

lot of work (grants proposals to work on, and new classes to teach, students advising, research...~60h)

lot of training too. about 30h a week at this stage...
Quote Reply
I'd like to see him back also ... [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually learned some things from those discussions, which I considered to be intellectual or academic back and forths. Unfortunately, I think only one of us thought the discussion "intellectual" I think he thought he had somehow landed on the gong show or the set of the upcoming movie dumb and dumberer.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking that he and others were still on the old forum,after the new site got up a few times my bookmarks would take me to the old forum,and people were still going strong,now i cant seem to find the old forum. Randall in tally
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dan,

You reached out and encouraged clm to make the transition from old to new. Think you could do the same for Dr. Coggan?

--

~~Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Mr A Coggan?? [Bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been hanging out in the "wattage" forum at topica.com. My email box is full of stuff from him every day.
Quote Reply