Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this quote a bit of a knock on the P3C?
Quote | Reply
Is this a knock on the P3C, Ivan Basso, the team in charge of his positioning, or a combination there of? I'm just asking the question here folks ;-). What do you think?

A quote from Chris Carmichael from his Daily report on the OLN TV website:

http://www.olntv.com/...ailyReports_read.tpl

"Watching Basso on the bike today, however, he seemed very stiff and cautious, as if he was having trouble controlling his machine. One of the things we kept in mind with Lance’s time trial bikes and positions over the years was that he had to feel confident enough on the bike to be able to let it all hang out in corners and descents. It was important to make sure we reduced aerodynamic drag everywhere we could, but everyone involved agreed that aerodynamic gains that left a rider less confident or more cautious on the bike weren’t worth putting into practice."

Edit: I Italicized and Blued for emphasis on the phrases that I noted.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this quote a bit of a knock on the P3C? [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No...Chris is on Treks payroll...oh, and LeMond revmaster (owned by Trek).

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this quote a bit of a knock on the P3C? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Revmaster if from Lemond Fitness. Completely different than the licensing agreement that Greg has with Trek bicycle company.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is this quote a bit of a knock on the P3C? [Chris Wiggins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see how that is a knock on a bike. Bobby J didn't seem to have problems on his. I don't think most TT bikes handle as well as the road bike will on those types of corners and roads. I think some people looked liked they knew the course and others had the deer in the headlights stiffness to them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didnt know that - in some of his DVDs he is IN LOVE with the Rev Master, the Cyclops, Gatoraide, and all the bikes are Trek, all the clothing is Goridana....nothing but marketing (and I would do it the same way)

Quote Reply
Re: Is this quote a bit of a knock on the P3C? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the nicest "spinning" type bike on the market. Rock solid and smooooth. Designed, in part, by my friend Paul Swift. Former, and apparantly current, stud on the track.

"....No longer easy on the eyes but these wrinkles masterfully dusguise the youthful boy below."~Death Cab for Cutie

http://www.a1cyclery.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dont doubt that at all...but he is on their pay roll - (not that there is anything wrong with that, hell, I would have sex with one if they paid me enough)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he's right. What's the point of a position that only goes fast in a straight line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a knock on everything about the person who came in second place (or will be tomorrow). Basso didn't have his brain working today, or he didn't want to win enough. When you are on a TT bike you stay in a TT position - which is what Lance did today and which is what Basso didn't do because he psyched himself out. Basso didn't challenge Lance most of the race and so he's in second place.

CC trained Lance, and now he has to make money off everything but Lance (though, I have not seen his contract with Lance). Put Lance on a P3C and he'll still be in first place.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this quote a bit of a knock on the P3C? [Turq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, I seen Lance reach back a number of times to "adjust his shorts"...I am sure that cost him .00000000002 seconds...he is a fool ;-P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Paul back racing on the track again? That would be cool. He's also the LeWedge guy, correct?

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see the stage? Basso could not handle his bike in the technical corners at high speed. 20+ cm drop? Too steep of effective seat angle? Bike was set up to go fast in a straight line.
Quote Reply