Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can't wait until next year...
Quote | Reply
....Lance is probably the greatest cyclist of all time and without a doubt the greatest TDF champ. Texas and the US should be very proud. He could win again next year and even go for ten strait if he wanted. There's nobody out there that can touch him. He's just so much above the rest. It's sad to see such an icon retire....but won't the TDF be a hell of a lot more interesting next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't wait until next year... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with ya'..next year should be a hell of a battle between at least a few different guys. Certainly Jan and Basso at the top of that list.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't wait until next year... [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just hope that, even w/o Lance, OLN decides to broadcast the tour and other cycling events.

Next year should be great. If Basso continues to improve TT and Ulrich finally gets a team focused around him (i.e., sans Vino), should be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't wait until next year... [RoadWarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure we won't see as much coverage. For all the criticism OLN gets on this board and others, there is really no other network that would cover cycling this much. People have such bad memory as before OLN we rarely got more than an hour a day for the TdF and races like Amstel Gold were never shown.

Sometimes people just like giving a gift horse a big punch in the gut.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't wait until next year... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't be watching. I didn't watch this year because I find it frustrating to watch the others bow to Lance. Right from the prologue, there was no race. Lance is so far above the rest that it made for a boring tour IMO. I won't watch next year simply because I would always be thinking these guys are not as good as Lance. A shame when the champion retires without a battle.